Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the comptech intake/icebox setup for my 2000 si and just got done cleaning the foam filter element for the 2nd time. Its beginning to become a pain gettin the filter out since the only way i can get it out is to loosen all the connections and move the whole intake arm. by doin this i had take out the pcv tube and iat sensor and noticed they seem to be gettin worn where they might not seal up as good. especially after cleaning the filter element every 6,000 miles. So is anyone else takin out the filter this way?And is anyone using the si stock arm with the k&n e-2427 filter(sounds better for longer cleaning interval)?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
si stock arm won't fit over the e-2427. Also, don't forget that the 2427 has a curved outlet. I'd keep the comptech filter as it will do a better job than the k&n. Although you could use the rubber coupler that came with the si ice box to mate up to the stock arm like this :

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.