Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone had a Comptech Rear sway bar... They are expensive--are they worth it?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
comptech rear sway has an integrated tie bar, so it really isn't that expensive. You will pay the same for an aftermarket rear sway and a rear tie bar separately. I like the way that the bar is designed, but IMHO, 22mm is too big. If it came with an option for a smaller bar then i would be all over it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
stock type r sway bar is 22mm and its cheap its like 75 bucks from the dealer, and it will fit most hondas with a special mounting kit that cost $80,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for one at a decent price. Everyone is quoting me 369.00. That sounds like way too much. Anyone know of anywhere that sells comptech.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like someone makes Comptech's for them they just add that tie bar.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've had the Comptech tie bar/anti roll bar combo for a few years. It was around $350 or so from a place in FL. It's adjustability and build quality are awesome!

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
go with progress...I have had success in ever product I have ever had with them.

I have a sweet rear sway bar on my ride.

my buddy put some on his rsx type s and they work WELL!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've got the comptech kit and it's been great. It has three different settings depending on how stiff you'd like it to be. I had the stock type R sway bar on my gsr before and it would kind of hop around a corner at high speeds but the comptech setup takes corners really smooth with practically no body roll.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts