Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
sold them back when i worked at SoundsGreat Stereo......about half of them i sold ended up with a problem of some sort. Vipers come with lifetime warrantys on the alarm and a one year on the remote......remotes cost 40-100 depending on wich alarm you went with. just my experience with them. we carried them for one year and dropped them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i'm putting a compustar in my 3000gt tomorrow never delt with them before but the store i work at now is carring them and i am in need of an alarm. i'll let you know tomorrow how i like it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i got the compustar 2wss-as with remote start and i bought it on ebay. well stuff bought online voids the warranty. I got my alarm installed and i got a faulty remote, i think. My remote never responds to me and i always have to push the buttons multiple times for it to unlock or lock. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
like i said........... :byye

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
timm3r said:
ok i got the compustar 2wss-as with remote start and i bought it on ebay. well stuff bought online voids the warranty. I got my alarm installed and i got a faulty remote, i think. My remote never responds to me and i always have to push the buttons multiple times for it to unlock or lock. Anyone else have this problem?

keep in mind your alarm will only perform as good as it's install. my alarm on my thunderbird was installed in 97' viper w/ remote start......not one problem. of course that was my installers speacilty (alarms) he even ran 8ga power wire to my windows! :D my windows roll up like stupid fast!! you should try it!! BUT ANYWAYS! timm3r have who ever installed your alarm go over every thing again and make sure it's not installer error. you never know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone else having anymore problems with compustar? recently my autostart stopped working so i brought the alarm back to the people who installed it, they are a authorized compustar dealer, and they told me my alarm is dead. I just hope my warranty will cover the alarm, my warranty is not through the manufactor but from the seller on ebay. dam compustars, i hope my next one will be good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Stay away from this alarm...

I have a 2W-SS and it has already malfunctioned. It maybe due to poor installation, but if you are getting 2W-SS for the range, it will never be the range they advertise. I have to say, it is a pretty good range though for an alarm/pager, but no where near 1.25 mile range. The biggest problem with this alarm that I have is losing sync. with the brain and remote.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
the range on paging alarm systems are never quite the distance they say, cause when they're tested, they test out in an open eviorment with out any signal interferrence such as house alarms, building alarms, cell phone towers, etc. now if you live deep out in the woods you might get the range they say, but come on....how many of us live DEEP out in the woods :rolleyes ........"boy, you sure got a pertty mouth :p " (some people might not get that joke)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts