Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my clock in windows constantly rolls back 2 hours behind what it should be. I have changed the battery on the motherboard a couple of times with new batteries and it stayed perfect for about a week. Here's the catch. The computer doesn't get shut off. It will restart only when it's been updated. So, I can't figure out why the comptuer clock keeps rolling back.

Any ideas?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Okay, my clock in windows constantly rolls back 2 hours behind what it should be. I have changed the battery on the motherboard a couple of times with new batteries and it stayed perfect for about a week. Here's the catch. The computer doesn't get shut off. It will restart only when it's been updated. So, I can't figure out why the comptuer clock keeps rolling back.

Any ideas?
Anomoly is correct, timezone most likely at fault, that auto changes sometimes if not set right.

Also, you may have a virus or some sort of infection, sometimes they do stupid shit like this, change lil details.

· Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep... looks like something's changing my time zone from central to pacific. Thanks!! lol for some reason i totally over looked it each time I reset the clock.

However, my next question is, if the time was set correctly in CMOS/BIOS, why is it changing in windows? Don't they feed off each other?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Nope
Windows might pull the time off it during an install of the operating system, but will maintain its own clock by itself, and will usually update to a correct time when you hit up the microsoft website for windows updats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.