Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

IDK what is wrong with my computer... Whenever i turn it on, it goes to the screen where it lets you choose to run xp pro normally, safe mode, or last good config.... no matter what choice i make, my computer will start to load (THE xp screen where the bars keep on goin.. and once it reaches 15 bars, it restarts, keeps on restarting itself basically...)

I have a p3 1.0 Ghz, HP, Windows XP PRO.

I have a extended warrenty, so i'll be taking it to XP, but.. I want to kno what you guys think is wrong, because i really don't wanna loose everythin on there, since i had alot! Alota things i'd really miss... like old photos and convo's and email and such.. so if any1 can pinpoint or think waht may be the matter, it'd be of nice help!

BTW, a positive thing is that i figured out how to set up my router to work...kinda...lol

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I can't help you with your problem but if you do have to reformat, if you can get another HD from someone or just buy a small one you can always move your documents and convos and pictures to that, if it's that necessary to save them. That's what I did.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dPansing119 said:
I can't help you with your problem but if you do have to reformat, if you can get another HD from someone or just buy a small one you can always move your documents and convos and pictures to that, if it's that necessary to save them. That's what I did.

Yeah I kno... but how do i do that if the computer doesn't even start? you know what i mean? it won't even let me see the xp sign on menu..it just restarts right before it reaches that!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
You have recently installed new hardware or your memory is bad. Remove any hardware You have just installed and try booting up. Problem is if you cannot get into Windows you cant uninstall the driver so you may have to reinstall XP.

Also when memory goes bad usually you make it to the bootup screen and get rebooted just before it would go into windows, I have run into this a few times

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
or you have installed bad or incompatible drivers on your machine, if you can hit F8 right before it goes to the boot XP screen, you may be able to go into safe mode, and then do a system restore to the date you were last able to use the computer

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
joeyl said:
or you have installed bad or incompatible drivers on your machine, if you can hit F8 right before it goes to the boot XP screen, you may be able to go into safe mode, and then do a system restore to the date you were last able to use the computer

He said safe mode wasnt working in the first post in this thread....

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
my bad, I read it wrong, then it is probably hardware

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
that just happen to me saturday....because i have two computers...i took out the hard drive and put it into my other computer...saved all my shit...then re-installed the hard drive and did a system restore. If you dont have another computer then you can take it to a computer store and they can back up your files for you....

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
try taking out the RAM and putting it back in. This happened to my cuzin's computer before too. I dont know what the hell happened or what he did. But once I took out the RAM and installed it back in it worked fine.

If that dont work and you have no other choice, take your HDD to another computer. Connect it like you would connect a second HDD to the computer, just make sure that you have the jumper on the OTHER computer on MASTER and your HDD on SLAVE. Once you turn it on, just send all the files from your HDD to the other one. Take it out and reformate your HDD and just swap the info back into your HDD.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts