Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 93 civic ex with the d16z6 motor in it i was wondering if i took a SI computer and replaced it with mine would it make my vtec kick in harder or wat i could possible do to make it kick in harder

·
Registered
47 Posts
patric_8332 said:
i got a 93 civic ex with the d16z6 motor in it i was wondering if i took a SI computer and replaced it with mine would it make my vtec kick in harder or wat i could possible do to make it kick in harder
there's no such thing as an SI computer or chip, SI is just the highest line of civic with better stock engine than most other models, except the 92-95 which the ex and si had the same engine. Now urs is obd1 p28 ecu, if u want better base map, have someone chip ur ecu and as for making the vtec kicking harder, am not sure about that maybe someone here more knowledgeable about the vtec part on the ecu could shine some light on this but am pretty sure it's not recommended if u want "more" vtec kick go with a b series, it has dual cams

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
the 92-95 civic ex have the same computer (the P28) so dont waste your time/money for the si ecu.

its a sohc so the vtec will never kick as hard as in a b-series motor so get used to it.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
patric_8332 said:
you mean replace yours with the Si computer......

no, nothing will benefit. and if you mean the 99-00 Si (just in case) it won't work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alrite well i guess i found out everything i wanted to no bout that which i just wrecked m civic today so now instead of performance i got to have bodyparts so that sux

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
nbboy7 said:
my friend as a 94 ex runing on obd1 p72 and it kicks and rev harder
sorry but i'm going to call BS on that one. i ran a p72 with my d16y8 swap in my 93dx and it ran horrible. pig rich, terrible gas mileage and the vtec didnt kick in any harder because as mentioned above, if the you feel the vtec kicking in then something is not right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.