Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this has never really been an issue to me but tonight my eyes were opened, i am interested in obtaining a ccl for the same reason as everyone else, ALSO i am confused as to the use of force laws, i have never been concerned with self preservation before, sure a fight here or there leaving bars at closing time, but tonight at my job i realized i NEED to consider it more seriously, i would never shoot someone unless i had to but can i draw on them to detain them until police arrive?? i had an issue tonight that would have called for it but instead the theives got away with alot of money out of our vending machines...... also if i KNOW the suspect has tools that can easly be used as weapons, how far am i legally allowed to go to defend myself before he is no longer the agressor?? say he tries to kill me, am i legally allowed to cripple him bad enough to need a EMT to save his life?? i just ask because i hear a bunch of horror stories about good people trying to save their own only to be sued

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i looked it up and in colorado it is an equal force law, basically once he decides the fight was a bad idea, you have to let up and let him go and pray to god he doesnt come back with his friends another day, honestly i kinda had the idea that you should not draw if you dont intend to fire, aka life threatening, just wanted to confirm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.