Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kyosho buggy, .15.
I put a header and muffler system on it, and about 3 minutes after those installs, I managed to sieze the engine. Took it apart, and the Connecting rod and bearing were cracked where it connects to the crank. Having trouble finding a replacement rod. Can I just go by size?

If you need more info, I'll be back home this weekend, I can take some pics. Thanks a lot.

RIP my Smartech 4wd...battery low on receiver, took a 90º turn at top speed into a boulevard. snapped the Right front and rear control arms and axels...no replacement parts anymore...

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
http://www.rcmart.com should have some.

The engine youd be better off replacing it. You can find .15 OS CVR for nearly nothing and itll be way faster than what you had. In fact the .18 CVR should fit on there...just be sure to match the right crank / exhaust and carb with what you have. If your not sure , just show some photos of the engine and Ill tell you what u have or even just link you to the motors you should be able to use.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, for the time being, I swapped in my sleeve, piston, and rod from my .12 street car, and its been running awesome for the past month or so. Probably slightly slower. I needed to swap the smaller heat sink as well because the the one for the .15 wasnt creating enough compression.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Wow , very interesting. Yeah the heatsink also contains the button head which would be different between the 2.

You should look into the .18 cv-r then , itll pull wheelies and such I bet. Just gear it up some since it revs less rpm and youll see probably a good 10-15mph change in top speed and much quicker getting there.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, I'll definately look into that. Although it will have to wait, my budget is going to towards some stage II cams and tuning first lol. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts