Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running a gsr nos plate kit and i've went through two bottles only at 75 shot. Now my car burns oil and backfires constantly without using the NOS. Also my idle jumps to 1.5k at times when I am stopped. I Checked my plugs and they were corroded. I changed them and now they corroded again a week later. I know my car is broken but what could it be and what am I looking to spend???

· Registered
1,017 Posts
What do your spark plugs look like more specifically? What color is the corrosion?

· Registered
13,201 Posts
Did they look like these?

If they did then....
Check for worn valve guides (NEVER knurl valve guides), intake gasket sealing alignment, as well as worn cylinder walls and piston rings. A leak down test is a good place to start for what is causing this.
OR

Improper spark plug gap settings will also cause the insulator tip to crack or chip. make sure that you are using the correct octane fuel first and then verify correct ignition timing. Next check for an inoperative EGR system (if equipped) as well as proper function of the Knock Sensor (if equipped). Also, you will want to make sure you are using the correct heat range plug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.