Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first sory for my English I'm spanish,,

I want to convert my transtop in manual roof, becouse the system is very weight and my intention is reduce to max the weight (carbon hood, fenders, etc...)

Ok, then, you known any tutorial step by step to do the conversion? or some indications? I see the system and I dont know how retire the roof-ECU without problems. And next buy a carbon roof or aluminium-roof from manual CRX, becouse the transtop is very very weight.

TThanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
no idea... ive never got to see the details of the trans top, but its ALOT of converting. Do you plan to race your del sol?

Honestly, i'd say your car is perfect for just cruising. you should really keep it the way it is. make that car for show, if you want to go fast, get another del sol or civic and put your money into a lighter car. The del sol is heavy in general for its size so a civic hatch back would be a better start.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i would think you could just take out the motor? im sure some electrical car shop could help you, seems pretty simple to 'undo' the greatness of the auto-top, us here in the USA would love to have one (most of us anyways) but it just comes into a targa top here, so it would seem to me that if you take out the motor the top should be able to just come off?

·
Registered
267 Posts
ferrallas said:
jajaj yes, fast & clean, but in Spain, Del Sol B16A2 with Air conditioning (very very important here) and manual roof is very difficult to find. Is so harder do the conversion?

Thanks
Oye, tienes fotos de la conversion, yo quiero hacer lo que ya tenes hecho, pero quiero ver como se mira, si lo tienes, tambien un video, para ver como trabaja, si puedes, gracias!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A que conversion te refieres, a la del techo? , es lo que estoy intentando hacer, cambiar el techo electrico por el manual, para quitarle mas de 100kg de lastre y que no se vaya tanto de morro en las curvas.

Sorry DudeWtfNo but your last phrase I dont understand,,

My plan is reduce the weight to 900kg (2000lbs) aprox,, and next charge the car with a jackson racing supercharger or swap one B18. If I change by carbon kevlar the hood, fenders, top (or alu top from manual version), trunk, seats (backets), light wheels, inox cat back... I think is very possible reduce weight to 900kg. THe civic '92 hatch is idem chassis that del Sol. And this weight a little more of 1000kg.

Thanks & Greetings.

·
Registered
267 Posts
ferrallas said:
A que conversion te refieres, a la del techo? , es lo que estoy intentando hacer, cambiar el techo electrico por el manual, para quitarle mas de 100kg de lastre y que no se vaya tanto de morro en las curvas.

My plan is reduce the weight to 900kg (2000lbs) aprox,, and next charge the car with a jackson racing supercharger or swap one B18. If I change by carbon kevlar the hood, fenders, top (or alu top from manual version), trunk, seats (backets), light wheels, inox cat back... I think is very possible reduce weight to 900kg. THe civic '92 hatch is idem chassis that del Sol. And this weight a little more of 1000kg.

Thanks & Greetings.
Lo que me refiero es de eso, todos aqui tenemos el techo manual, nunca se mira el techo electronico, si tienes fotos, o talves un video cuando el techo se esta moviendo...

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
se ve bien haci, con el automatico, pero trata de quitarle el motor para ver si eso hace el truco...yo creo que quisas quitandole el motor va a trabajar pero yo nunca a visto una persona queriendo hacer la convertacion que tu quieres hacer, siempre es la otra cosa...de manual a automatico...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
ferrallas said:

Thanks & Greetings.
to convert from a trans top to non trans top u just need the truck and the rack for the roof to go in the truck and if are really looking to reduce the wait u need a manual delsol hard top i dont know about all the spanish u were say'n

·
Registered
180 Posts
ferrallas said:
jajaj yes, fast & clean, but in Spain, Del Sol B16A2 with Air conditioning (very very important here) and manual roof is very difficult to find. Is so harder do the conversion?

Thanks
I'M FROM CROATIA AND I HAVE A BASICLY SAME CAR!
i had a same question just like you,and i get an idea
i will sell my soll( its worthed like 12000-13000eur
with all equipment ,and buy shitty esi del sol with basic(poor) equipment,and do same like you, but i will start with
engine swap ITR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In Spain my car is valored max in 8.000eur, and the ESI about 6.000, is very little difference for do the change. And ITR B18B here, NULLs, import the motor from US, Jap, is the only way (or go to Germany, Belgium..).

I Think if I purchase the alu top from manual and rails, the rest is easy to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
for that diferences in price 2000euro
you can easely get all the swap you need for your car!
and i would sugest you that buy oder itr swap jdm or usdm
or to be patient and get your self a gsr motor and throw in a ballbearing turbo on it t3/t4
i'm a street racer in croatia...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.