Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Convert a 97 Acura Integra LS Non Vtec to Vtec

Would i get more house power out of my car if i convert it to a Vtec.

What are all the parts a will need. And what would the price be to do this. Also i have Magnaflow cat back system with after market haeds and and high flow cat on it. As well as intake manifold and full cold air intake system. After market fuel rail.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
It doesn't sound like you really know what vtec is. It basically means that you can run two different cam profiles. If you have aftermarket heads, you'd have to compare the flow rates and camshafts of the head you have now with the vtec head you're considering.

Generally speaking, vtec heads flow better than nonvtec heads, but all bets are off when you go aftermarket. Both can be built up to output the same amount of power. Go ahead and google "what is vtec" then come back with a more informed question, like "does anybody know what the power output of a b18b + b16b2 ls/vtec would be, and is that head worth the $600 I saw one for sale for?".

Do a little bit of research, at least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does any

Well does anybody know what the power output of a b18b + b16b2 ls/vtec would be

How much and where can i get the parts cheep

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
you will have to shop around for the parts. if you have never done anything like this dont attempt it, your just asking for trouble. so no it wont be cheap considering you will prob have to take it to a mechanic, and hp will vary depending on how you build the motor.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Well does anybody know what the power output of a b18b + b16b2 ls/vtec would be
more than a d-series.
How much and where can i get the parts cheep
from a bird that goes "cheep cheep".

1. you're in the wrong forum.

2. you need to search

3. you need to find out exactly what you wanna do first...then come back and ask a more non-elementary question (which has been answered already in a previous post in this thread, which is why i'm not adding anything special)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.