Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. I have a question. I want to get some neons for my vehicle, but I also want to get some for my room. Is there a converter to go from DC to AC current?? I know they make inverters from AC to DC... how about the other way around? 12v to 110v??? Just curious, becuase I want those NEON tubes in my room. I think that would be awesome for the 'love room' hehe

lemme know! Great! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've checked, online everywhere, no one makes a DC to AC that will work for what i need. A lot of the DC - AC converters I have found are mislabeled, and are still for automotive (vehicle use) which is incorrect.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think you're confused. If you want to run the neons in your home, you'll need to convert AC to DC (not DC to AC). You would need a DC power supply. You could get a variable 30A max unit that could be the central component of a test bench. Although, I think it'd be easier to just find some neons that run on AC.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Car DC 12V ro AC 110V is called a power inverter. You can buy them in any electronics store and PepBoyz/Kragen/AutoZone. They come in different max power ratings too.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a power inverter.... the power inveter i have says AC TO DC. this is a power inverter for my vehicle I used to hook my laptop up to the car. Laptop in to inverter, inverter to cig. lighter. It says AC/DC Power Inverter on it. Which is why I came up with DC/AC...

i see what you're saying by going from AC power supply to DC powered unit. but when I went to radio shack, the guys up there said the same thing which is why I asked on here for the DC/AC. but.. im still looking

if you can find some AC neons let me know... checked around town but no one has any. :confused

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.