Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passing on a recent personal story: I was bombed after work, and this dude that was working on my RSX asked to borrow it for "awhile"; I said cool.
Woke up at 5pm, no keys, no car, no recollection :lol, so I called the popo.
The main dude was so cool! Especially when I called 911 at 11pm to inform them it was all a mistake. That dude was at the door in less then 5 minutes!
I love COPS like that! Damn, that dude was badass! I HATE the dude that took my car! :mad Bitch! DO NOT "borrow" my car for any reason unless it's for road tests!
Discuss the coolness you've met! :number1

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah...this happened about a month ago. I'm like..."the duder", and this guy working on my car's competent enough, but he's got like 15 felonies and he's calling me every fucking day for work! How do you politely "shake" people like that? Is there even a way? HAHA! But that COP was cool as ice. I love COPS like that, like my two uncles. Serve and protect...until guns start firing. :lol
Share your "cool" COP stories!
Here's another from me: 2am, outta' cigs, just woke up, hungover, (day off)...go to quick-trip...cop car in the lot. Nice sobering effect! :lol Anyway, he smiled and said "HI!" which what I wasn't expecting. :lol But, yeah...cool! I'd've been in jail for DUI if he pressed shit, even though I'd had'n't drunk for hours. I was so wasted...and his smile I'll never forget. Maybe it was a "let this one go, I just got my coffee" thing? :dunno:

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
Oh, almost forgot the local sheriff that would hang out at our shop. He would make fun of our rice burners, but still showed interest in what we were doing. He had a sub 10 second camaro.
He would stop down on friday and saturday nights and tell us not to raise hell when the state troopers were in the area.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love a "police presence". They cruise my store's lot alot, and I love them being there. Free coffee and doughnuts if I had the power, by God! :lol
Anyway, cool story #3: I used to work the 4pm-12am shift, breaking down the truck, (this was before scanning was available, and everything had to be priced), but, me and the "buds" were enjoying some "buds" after work, when a COP car pulled up. Everyone was like: "Hide your beer!" :lol They were cool with it, though: "just winding down the grind"; (of course, this was back in a more cooler world, less PC). But, anyway, they popped the trunk and started whipping tennis balls everywhere. They found them in all the sub-divisions they patroled and decided to go "crazy". MOST AWESOME! :number1

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
1. me and boy was moving on 190 west in texas headed to i35...cars were switching lanes for us, it was good.

but the third time i looked at my side mirror, sherrif was on our ass...so my boy and i pulled over...

he came over and said we need to chill out, too many bike accidents he be having to show up to and see dead pple. my boy was on a busa and i was on a kawasaki.

2. im at my boys shop, getting some isht done to my car, and this cop parks in the front...walks in the front...walks past the counter...continues on to the back...into the fukin garage...

then i hear him yell, "FREEZE dont nobody fukin move!"

apparently owner of the shop and him were in school together...or he has worked on his car..dunno...but it was funny..

3. the Mixed martial arts club im at...
i was grappling with this 300 pound jonny bravo lookin fuker...u know, he lettin me sweep him and shit..its all good...real mellow dude....i told him imma whoop his ass for real if he so much as trips and squashes me...he giggled like the little bitch i knew he was inside...

real mellow dude...

turns out he is a cop...

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I was racing a 300zx and got passed it when i seen a cop with a speed gun I managed to get it down from 135mph to 103mph he caught up to me and pulled me over, he explained why, showed me the gun etc we sat and talked, months after that I went to court for the offence (I wasn't bitter it was my own stupid fault) and when the police report was read out he said traffic was very light, it was dry and I had good visibility,
When in actual fact it was pissing down, traffic was really heavy and I was climbing the crest of a hill.
All in all the Law says instant 1month ban and £1000 fine and I got 2week ban and £250 fine because of the police mans good report. :)

Speeder banned
Saturday, 05 February 2006
A MAN was banned from driving for 14 days after pleading guilty to speeding on the A66.

Mark ***** (25), ***** ****,********* , admitted driving at 103mph when he appeared before Eden magistrates, sitting at Penrith, on Wednesday.

In addition to the ban, he was fined £250 and ordered to pay £35 in costs.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
I was racing a 300zx and got passed it when i seen a cop with a speed gun I managed to get it down from 135mph to 103mph he caught up to me and pulled me over, he explained why, showed me the gun etc we sat and talked, months after that I went to court for the offence (I wasn't bitter it was my own stupid fault) and when the police report was read out he said traffic was very light, it was dry and I had good visibility,
When in actual fact it was pissing down, traffic was really heavy and I was climbing the crest of a hill.
All in all the Law says instant 1month ban and £1000 fine and I got 2week ban and £250 fine because of the police man.
every one got pissy isht bout cops...this thread is DIFFERENT because its not about that...dude, u know how many stories i got and im sure everyone else?

i got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt...WHO THE FUK DOESNT WEAR A SEATBELT now days???!!!!?!?!

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
every one got pissy isht bout cops...this thread is DIFFERENT because its not about that...dude, u know how many stories i got and im sure everyone else?

i got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt...WHO THE FUK DOESNT WEAR A SEATBELT now days???!!!!?!?!
I dont understand what your saying??

What i said was, basically because the police man was nice he made it sound a lot better so when i went to court it didn't look as bad and i got a 2week ban NOT A 4WEEK ban and a £250 fine NOT A £1000
That cop was a nice cop :D

I've know people on the same road do the same thing and get a 12week ban for the same offence.

Also I'd like to mention Bill Barker, he was a ledgend of a police man!
He was an armed officer and he was the man that had to tell people their son or daughter had died :(
He also took me for part of my Motor bike test and was a fantastic police man.
but sadly he was killed in the floods last November, he was turning people away from a bridge when it collapsed, he had just stopped a bus full of people going onto the bridge when it collapsed underneath him, he saved 30+ lives that but sadly lost his own.

BBC News - Tributes paid to flood death Pc

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
yea, initially that made NO sense to me.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Without hearing the audio, I can already see a couple of things you didn't do, so I can see why they wanted to suspend you as it would apply if you worked at another law enforcement agency. You weren't wearing a reflective vest, you weren't using a traffic wand or cone on your flashlight, and you weren't using a whistle. Most importantly, the agency never has trained anyone to throw their flashlight, that's a CYA on the agency's part. I can see that you were trying to get the driver's attention in order to avoid getting hit or to prevent a t-bone accident.

I don't know how it turned out, but hopefully it didn't burn you too much. Stay safe.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Without hearing the audio, I can already see a couple of things you didn't do, so I can see why they wanted to suspend you as it would apply if you worked at another law enforcement agency. You weren't wearing a reflective vest, you weren't using a traffic wand or cone on your flashlight, and you weren't using a whistle. Most importantly, the agency never has trained anyone to throw their flashlight, that's a CYA on the agency's part. I can see that you were trying to get the driver's attention in order to avoid getting hit or to prevent a t-bone accident.

I don't know how it turned out, but hopefully it didn't burn you too much. Stay safe.
I got a week taken off, the board justified the use of my flashlight as a weapon. And without knowing the whole story of what occurred, your opinion is flawed. I was not directing traffic out there for 99% of the crash investigation. We had two patrol cars blocking the entire road forcing people to turn. I had no traffic control duty, i was investigating the crash, so i didn't have that equipment with me. Some people were being really dense so I figured I could get them across really quickly. So since I popped out really quick to be a nice guy. Thats when this happened. I was out there 45 min at least before this occurred. They don't give us whistles. This was a two lane road with another lane for turning. I already had a car stopped in the turn lane and the outside lane without issue. This girl came barreling down and drove right through those cars. They wrote me up for "willful neglect" for not putting my vest on before directing traffic. I still don't know how my actions were "willful." I never said "i thought about putting my vest on, but decided against it." I simply acted to help a motorist. This was a new Sheriff and from what I heard from the appeals board, they didnt want to totally buck the new sheriff, so i still got a week off.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.