21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
damn, chucking flashlights like a boss.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I got a week taken off, the board justified the use of my flashlight as a weapon. And without knowing the whole story of what occurred, your opinion is flawed. I was not directing traffic out there for 99% of the crash investigation. We had two patrol cars blocking the entire road forcing people to turn. I had no traffic control duty, i was investigating the crash, so i didn't have that equipment with me. Some people were being really dense so I figured I could get them across really quickly. So since I popped out really quick to be a nice guy. Thats when this happened. I was out there 45 min at least before this occurred. They don't give us whistles. This was a two lane road with another lane for turning. I already had a car stopped in the turn lane and the outside lane without issue. This girl came barreling down and drove right through those cars. They wrote me up for "willful neglect" for not putting my vest on before directing traffic. I still don't know how my actions were "willful." I never said "i thought about putting my vest on, but decided against it." I simply acted to help a motorist. This was a new Sheriff and from what I heard from the appeals board, they didnt want to totally buck the new sheriff, so i still got a week off.
Okay. The video just started off with you doing traffic direction.
I can see how they could bone you on the willful neglect just going by SOP/agency rules/training.
I would advocate for whistles for officer safety during traffic direction. That's just me. It would get attention sooner than a thrown flashlight.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Okay. The video just started off with you doing traffic direction.
I can see how they could bone you on the willful neglect just going by SOP/agency rules/training.
I would advocate for whistles for officer safety during traffic direction. That's just me. It would get attention sooner than a thrown flashlight.
It was a 16 year old girl with the music loud in her car and she was texting, nothing would have helped.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
"That flashlight hit that car with such force that it essentially destroyed the right headlight and the assembly round it"

Who do you think you are Kenny Powers? :lol

I think your a good policeman, you did the right thing, very fast reactions and the end of the day she would of hit someone, i just cant belive after seeing the video it wasn't thrown out and the girl prosecuted for dangerous driving.
So basically you should of stepped to the side and let her get on with it?
You made the right decision I'm my eyes.
The only wrong decision you made was by not dragging her out of her car and beating her off camera.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
...So basically you should of stepped to the side and let her get on with it?...
Yes, side stepping to get out of the way of a moving car is a good idea. It happens a lot. Getting run over would not necessarily prevent that vehicle from causing another accident that a cop would be trying to stop.
As for letting her get on with it, a cop would do his best to alert the driver.

There are super dumb drivers out there and setting out about 15 flares in an obvious line to detour all traffic around something would not prevent a driver going through the line of flares. I'm talking about sober drivers, no texting, no phone calling, just plain stupid and confused. They will slow down, drive perfectly between two tightly-spaced flares and not run either over. :giggle

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
got pulled over a few weeks back...

tail lights were out...middle of the night..

ran my license it was suspended...apparently after i paid it off it still didnt hadnt gotten processed yet..

i get upset over that and cop is like
"hey man, im not dps, u gotta take it up with them"

he says.."i can do a few things...cite u, arrest you, or both.."

then he says..."but this is what im a do..none of that..get your stuff straight, im giving you a break."

him and the other patrol car rolled off before i did..

·
Registered
5,141 Posts

ran my license it was suspended...apparently after i paid it off it still didnt hadnt gotten processed yet..

then he says..."but this is what im a do..none of that..get your stuff straight, im giving you a break."

No one likes to see a grown man sob, bet you were doing that out of breath talking thing like kid's when they are upset, so he let you off :lol

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
No one likes to see a grown man sob, bet you were doing that out of breath talking thing like kid's when they are upset, so he let you off :lol
you sit when you pee.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts

did you flex for the cop and ask him what he would think if you guys had static?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Looks like this is more of a "cops who let me off" thread.

I wrote a good number of tickets, about 20 a month. I stopped a lot of cars, unknown how many. I let a lot go with a warning. I was fishing most of the time. Looking back, I guess I could have been more lenient for some of the tickets I wrote.
Oh well, that was that. :bye

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
did you flex for the cop and ask him what he would think if you guys had static?
no, it didnt occur to me at the time. however, i have gotten bigger. and im sure he was slightly intimidated and most likely didnt want to cuff me and test the cuffs ability to detain me.

me>cuffs.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
ooOh, check this out...i didnt actually MEET them, but this one goes like this...

so im riding my bike, and u know, if u ride, u throw that deuce to other riders-no matter what they ride..

so two cops are riding down, bout to pass me in the opposite direction, right...

ive never heard anyone deuce the cops, so i did...

one of them hit their sirens...!!!!!

how fukin cool is THAT?? i felt like a six year old, i giggled in my helmet.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Okay...I've been on a five day "binge"...(vacation), buy some eats, trip and fall, no big deal, to me...major "deal" to the manager.
Freakin' five cop cars! I was motherfucking TOAST! :lol
COPS were cool as shit; I love these guys! :lol Called me a taxi and got my cash from my car....They kept asking about drug use...no...I can't use any when I'm on alcohol! :lol
You dudes are like fucking gravy! :lol
EDIT: Thank you for no cuffs!
EDIT2: Got my car back today, no problems. I hate vacations. :lol More work for me! Are there any rules in a situation like this? I had the keys on me, but I parked in east bumble, nowhere near the car when they arrived. Paramedics were there, too, because I skinned up my knees. Waste of taxpayer money, IMO, but I learned a good lesson...don't trip and fall: the manager will freak and say: OMG! Lawsuit! Call the popo!

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Okay...I've been on a five day "binge"...(vacation), buy some eats, trip and fall, no big deal, to me...major "deal" to the manager.
Freakin' five cop cars! I was motherfucking TOAST! :lol
COPS were cool as shit; I love these guys! :lol Called me a taxi and got my cash from my car....They kept asking about drug use...no...I can't use any when I'm on alcohol! :lol
You dudes are like fucking gravy! :lol
EDIT: Thank you for no cuffs!
EDIT2: Got my car back today, no problems. I hate vacations. :lol More work for me! Are there any rules in a situation like this? I had the keys on me, but I parked in east bumble, nowhere near the car when they arrived. Paramedics were there, too, because I skinned up my knees. Waste of taxpayer money, IMO, but I learned a good lesson...don't trip and fall: the manager will freak and say: OMG! Lawsuit! Call the popo!
Rules? If you are sloshed, you probably wouldn't remember what to do.
Everything has to do with the circumstances. Drunk people who are disorderly will get a drunk in public arrest which is similar to disorderly conduct charge. If you are passed out at the wheel, they can't get you for DUI. If there are other circumstances surrounding it (damaged windshield with blood on it from a pedestrian, huge fresh dent on the side with the same colored paint from a hit and run victim's car), then it can result in an arrest.
If you are passed out on the ground and you injured yourself from tripping, the least they'll do is see if you need medical attention. Yes, they could have got a drunk in public charge.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts