Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
mine werent working either a lil while ago, i did a full flush and replaced the thermostat, and the engine coolant sensonr that hooks up to the thermostat housing and they started working again, the sensor its only like 20 bucks and the thermostat like 12 so its not an expensive fix, try to turn on the ac and see if they come on and at least you will know that the fan motor its good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
it could be the fan switch like bcintegra95 said, all u have to do to test is...unplug the swith that goes into ur thermostat housing, and place a jumper (paper clip,wire) in to the actual plug(that come comes from the wire harness). If the fans turn on your fan switch is bad, while ur there u might as well replace ur thermostat with a oem one, if u havent done it recently. hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bcintegra95 said:
mine werent working either a lil while ago, i did a full flush and replaced the thermostat, and the engine coolant sensonr that hooks up to the thermostat housing and they started working again, the sensor its only like 20 bucks and the thermostat like 12 so its not an expensive fix, try to turn on the ac and see if they come on and at least you will know that the fan motor its good
Syn Inside03 said:
it could be the fan switch like bcintegra95 said, all u have to do to test is...unplug the swith that goes into ur thermostat housing, and place a jumper (paper clip,wire) in to the actual plug(that come comes from the wire harness). If the fans turn on your fan switch is bad, while ur there u might as well replace ur thermostat with a oem one, if u havent done it recently. hope that helps
Thanks, I put a jumper in the fan switch and both fans came online. Does this mean the thermostat housing is bad? I'm not going to replace the thermostat itself because it is a year old and hasn't given me any problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
replace the thermostat with a oem one, and its not the the housing thats bad, its the fan switch, u can buy that at any discount parts store for about 20.00, replace the coolant while ur there, just drain out the the radiator, and replace it with oem honda fluid, as long as ur there :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Syn Inside03 said:
replace the thermostat with a oem one, and its not the the housing thats bad, its the fan switch, u can buy that at any discount parts store for about 20.00, replace the coolant while ur there, just drain out the the radiator, and replace it with oem honda fluid, as long as ur there :D
My thermostat is still good. I replaced it a year ago, but I'll go ahead and get the fan switch. My coolant is three months old, so I'll leave it alone too. I only use the green stuff, since Honda has jumped on the long life bandwagon. The green stuff can actually repair damage from corrosion and the only reason they have long life coolant is because people sometimes go years without replacing the green stuff. It's better, as long as you change it periodically.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top