Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 honda civic ex and the temperature gets too hot after a while, even reaching the redline. I flushed the radiator and cleaned it but still, it keeps on heating too much. The thermostat is good. Can anyone help me and has it happened to someone? I cant seem to fix the problem but what I see is one of the hoses is leaking.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
could be

hose leak
bad water pump
blown head gasket

etc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same thing happened to me. But my hose wasnt leaking, the radiator casing had a leak, had to change the whole radiator out. So if your hoses are leaking thats whats causing the engine to heat up - not enough water to cycle etc. Change them soon as you can - or it might cause more damage.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
zecro said:
Same thing happened to me. But my hose wasnt leaking, the radiator casing had a leak, had to change the whole radiator out. So if your hoses are leaking thats whats causing the engine to heat up - not enough water to cycle etc. Change them soon as you can - or it might cause more damage.

i doubt it is his radiator

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
shit i forgot, your cooling fan might not be coming on

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: thanks for the help

govi said:
I fixed the hose but the head gasket is damaged, so that might b the problem. Thanks guys

is your fan coming on? is there oil in your coolant? etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: thanks for the help

temp03 said:
is your fan coming on? is there oil in your coolant? etc
Hi, my fan is coming on and there might be oil in the coolant because the head gasket is literally ripped, too much heat! the only problem thats is notices is of the head gasket because the thermostat is good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
twistd said:
if your headgasket is literally ripped you'd be blowing a lot of white? (not sure which color) smoke out your exhaust and you'd find coolant in your oil.
I only notice that there is coming a little bit of oil out of the head, I'm not sure if there is white smoke coming out of the exhaust, but thanx cause ill be looking at that and when I accelerate at first gear, sometimes it accelerates very slow cause it gets like if there was something wrong.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
govi said:
I only notice that there is coming a little bit of oil out of the head, I'm not sure if there is white smoke coming out of the exhaust, but thanx cause ill be looking at that and when I accelerate at first gear, sometimes it accelerates very slow cause it gets like if there was something wrong.
white smoke is water burning

·
Registered
39 Posts
temp03 said:
white smoke is water burning
water burns?? news to me man. it heats up and shit but doesnt burn. it just turns into steam, and on a normal, dry, warm day you wont be able to see the steam coming out of your exhaust. it is harmless and very normal.

black smoke = running rich / fuel burning
white smoke = burning coolant
blue smoke = burning oil

·
Registered
39 Posts
govi said:

and btw, how do you noe the headgasket is ripped?? did you actually take off the head and look at it?? did you check your plugs and oil for contamination??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
twistd said:
and btw, how do you noe the headgasket is ripped?? did you actually take off the head and look at it?? did you check your plugs and oil for contamination??
No, I did not check the head gasket, but like it has received too much heat, and oil is coming out of the head, I assume it is damaged. What can be the slow acceleration, could it be out of time?

·
Registered
7 Posts

I have the same problem with my car i think it is the headgasket too, but i dont know yet because im soting any smoke out and there is no oil in my radator.... Have you tried to replace the oil pressure cap???? or what about the cooling temp sensor??? you should get a compression test done on the engin and the radator!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.