Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
if you intend to put them on your daily beater and use them to get back and forth from work/school/grocery shopping then they're fine.
if you plan on doing anything else besides that (autox, road racing, spirited street driving) then they're garbage

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I bought four new douglas performance gt-h tires and they were only like $65 per tire. Id say thats a cheap tire and I have no problems with traction in my car, altho im sure some better tires would give me even more grip. And like said above softer tires wear much faster.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
Transparent said:
the only problem with expesive tires is you dont get a long tread life. the compound they use is so sticky and soft that you get like 2 seasons out of a $800 set of tires

haha yeah i see some wear on my tires already and i just got them in dec. hahaha

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Transparent said:
yokohamas are the worst for tread life. my buddy has some paradas, only like 12 months of drive time on them (he has a winter set of rims), and he says he'll need new tires by july/aug
You shouldn't generalize for an entire brand like that. Yoko makes a lot of other tires including non-sporty tires. My Yoko ES100's (only $92/tire shipped btw in a 16" size... not the cheapest size out there) are wearing excellently and friends are getting 25-30k hard miles out of them. I also have 2.0 degrees camber and drive like a madman.

Yeah for $50-100/set more you can ditch the Pooper tires and go for ES100s.... WELL worth it.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
White98LS said:
You shouldn't generalize for an entire brand like that. Yoko makes a lot of other tires including non-sporty tires. My Yoko ES100's (only $92/tire shipped btw in a 16" size... not the cheapest size out there) are wearing excellently and friends are getting 25-30k hard miles out of them. I also have 2.0 degrees camber and drive like a madman.

Yeah for $50-100/set more you can ditch the Pooper tires and go for ES100s.... WELL worth it.
thats true, I was talking about their high perfomance tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts