Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone...

haven't been really washing my car since my first wax job about a month ago...a mix of bad weather and not paying attention to our local meteorologist and just pure laziness are due to the lack of attention of my bebe's hygiene...anywayz, the one time i washed my car (about two weeks ago) i decided to go to the corner car wash b/c i felt bad about taking advantage of the free vacuuming they offer to 'paying' customers...anywayz, I used the soap brush they provide to scrub down your car...and it came out alrite (so i thought) then about a week ago, i see these minor scratches all over my car!!! ay carumba!!! i looked up the search engine but nothing pertaining to my dilemma! what can i do?! before winter really hits!!!

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn wtf?

dayum man!

i wouldn't be asking f'n questions if i knew the answers to them asshole...i come here as a last resort to get a third opinion other than my friends and others i see...if you ain't got shit productive to say then don't or else this site will be just as shitty as percs like you make it...i'm gonna poke your eyes out and skull fuck you boy...j/k just spreadin the love

· Registered
359 Posts
damn that sucks. Minus the "are you a fucking retard" part of nospeedlimit's post, i agree with him. Take it to a professional detailer and ask him.

How deep are the scratches? If they're light enough, you may be able to buff em out yourself with a buffing wheel and wax.

Good luck

· Registered
1,680 Posts
nospeedlimit143 said:
are you fucking retarded?

the only thing you can do is cry about it... or take it somewhere and get it professionally polished.
Stupid Fucking Newbie

akemi27- have you said anything to the car wash? At least go there and tell them that their shit is scratching other people's cars. And then see what they will do about it, maybe they could cover your polishing job. I dunno, slim chance, you dont lose anything without venturing.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
well considering they're light scratches, try your wax as suggested. if it doesn't do much, you might want to get a profesional swirl remover... meguiar's #9 works pretty good.

just for future reference, the multi-function pressure hose is alright (although i only recommend the pre-wash soak, wash, rince, and spot-free rince modes), but don't EVER (ever!!) use that foaming brush. all the crap from everyone else's car is in there. i don't think pressure hosing the brush would even help at all. i made the mistake of using the brush once on my previous car, a black EJ6, and i got swirlies on my bonnet, roof, and boot. it was horrible.

· Registered
10,923 Posts
...don't EVER (ever!!) use that foaming brush. all the crap from everyone else's car is in there.
That's what I meant by 4X4's with "caked on" mud :D. Some
times, when I go to wash my baby, the Georgia clay is so bad,
in EVERY slot, that I just say: WTF! and drive it home. Don't
EVER use the brush; lightly cover your car before going "full
blast", and, if you have to use a sponge, buy a new one
EVERY time, (c'mon! they're only like 2 bucks!). I'm sorry,
but I AM REALLY ANAL about the paint! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.