Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:noo Long story short; I cut the constant on wire from the front bulb on my accord.
I spliced the two corner bulbs together.....so they both blink when signaling.
Now; I loaded (2) 921 NA (amber) bulbs in there and they worked GREAT for about 20 seconds. :eek
Now the corner wont work at all, no parking lights on the right side (The side I worked on) and it wont flash as a blinker anymore either.
No smoke, no blown fuses that i'm aware of.
My left corner still works fine but I left it with 194NA bulbs but wired the same way.
WTF do you think this might be, searching came up with fuses being the issue and nothing pertaining to this....ugh hahaha
Anyjizz lemme know what you think....either that or i'ma have to go to honda...

Oh ya, the bumper still works as a blinker and so does the tails, all other lights work, just not the corner, at all.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
put the wiring back to stock and try putting the bulb from the other corner in. it could be a burnt bulb.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
put the wiring back to stock and try putting the bulb from the other corner in. it could be a burnt bulb.
Did that immediately; didnt work.
Went back to 194NA bulbs; nothing.
Tried switching the socket from the left to the right, nada.
Confusin the shit out of me

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Did that immediately; didnt work.
Went back to 194NA bulbs; nothing.
Tried switching the socket from the left to the right, nada.
Confusin the shit out of me
check ALL your fuses? My car has a fuse box at both door jams, and some more under the hood... and some cars have timer breakers... if they pop, they have a timed delay before they "reset" and my friend has an older cougar and it took a day before it reset and worked again... so I'd check first but I don't know if Honda even has those timed breakers so I hope ya get the problem fixed. Have you tried whippin' out the multimeter and probing all the wires that pertain to your problem? If I lived near ya I'd let you borrow mine but I don't live in Cali anymore. :(

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
you obviously have a broken circuit, now it is a matter of where! I had something similar in my old car and I could not find anything wrong, turned out the wire was brittle and broke inside the insulation so you could not see it, wiggling the wire would make it work intermittently, maybe this is what you have? you will need to do continuity testing between the socket and the turn signal contact

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.