Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising back from a friends house on a fairly wide open road and a red 87-93 Mustang LX with a set of Cobra wheels cruised past me. It had an exhaust plus a decent size cam was all I could tell, plus a few guages inside. I was on the cell
so I didn't think anything about it. I stop at a red light and wait, light turns green and he takes off in a hurry.....whatever. He slows down and waits till I get beside him, I hear him downshift, so I'm like OK I'll handle this. I floor it and he keeps up for around 3 seconds about a car length behind me, soon after that
he starts to fade bad, dropping 3-5 cars pretty quick. The whole time I was on the cell phone and never shifted...lol. I still need to do alot of tuning with the new engine management, but it was fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
was it a 5.0 LX? or just the 4cyl, a 5.0 LX weighs under 3000lbs and with cams and exhuast should prolly run close to low 13's with a good driver. What are your mods?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah it was a 302 for sure, I owned one in the past I could recognize the exhaust tone.

rebuilt OBD1 2.0l 8v w/oil squirters forged crank etc.
ported and polished head 3 angle valve cut
268 441" Web cam
Adj cam gear
TT lightwieght lifters
Dual ABA throttle bodies
83.5 Ross forged pistons
8.5.1 compression ratio
ATP turbo manifold
T3/T4 [email protected] 15psi
HKS blow off valve
Turbo XS boost controller
MSD 6ALN
Megasquirt standalone
3.5bar Fpr
310cc injectors
metal intercooler mounted in core support
solid front motor mount

car weighs 2500lbs +/- and I still haven't dynoed the new setup yet

·
Registered
233 Posts
nice setup dude I know a guy who owns a corrado and he thought his shit was fast stock lol that guy was a joke. He was like Paul walker in the first "Fast and the Furious", "Man I almost had you!" lol he wasn't even close. I had him off the line and kept pulling away while short shifting cause my car was boost cutting lol. I had a stock 93 TSI AWD with a 255lph walbro and a Turbo XS single stage boost controller it was at about 18 psi but kept boost spiking at about 6k so I had to shift at about 5500 lol But from what you got, it sounds very fast and reliable I hope to build up my talon soon with better forged internals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts