Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
would civic type-r pistons and ls rods work in a d16z6? I know you would have to shave the ls rods down some, and do some work on the block for the pistons to fit but would it be something worth doing? I have a spare d16 and I wanted to build it up just enough to have some reliable NA power...I'm trying to save up for a turbo build on the other d16 I have...but one of the motors are going to have to be rebuilt before I start on the turbo build...the one I have in the car already has been beat to shit and I need to do something soon, so any info would help. thanks!

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but what I was told was that the combo of the civic type-r pistons with the ls rods, and a mild port and polish on the head would get me at about 160hp to the wheels...I don't know how accurate that would be, but I am not trying to build a nasty ass NA sohc...I am sure it could be done but I don't have that kind of money to blow...I just need to rebuild one of my motors so I can have a fresh one while I am trying to get the turbo build on the other done...I'd rather build a tight ass turbo'd ls, but I kind of want to be different...I'm just tired of seeing the same things being done over and over and over again... :clap

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok maybe I failed to mention that there would be the need for SOME modification to the block in order for me to get the civic type-r pistons and the ls rods to "fit"...I was just wondering wether anyone has heard of this being done or not and if it would be something worth doing...obviously the combo wouldn't fit without modifying the block in some way...seeing how I don't have the money for all the high-end stuff, I wanted to try an alternate route...any info would greatly be appreciated...I think I will also talk to some honda techs to see what they say...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts