Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, its like this, im gonna try to buy my sisters DX (stock 95 coupe), i just want to know what the cost of putting a first-gen JDM B16A into the motor, the work will be doen by me, im planning on replacing the clucth (and possibly flywheel) on it if i purchase it, but anyways how much does it cost, and im dropping it in myself, i got all the tools i need.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i dont think you want to use the first gen b16. that one comes with a cable tranny and the 92+ civic use hydraulic trannies.
so i suggest u get the second generation b16 from the sirII which comes with a hydraulic tranny.
or u can get the usdm one from the 99-00 civic si or 93-97 civic del sol vtec. expect to pay anywhere from $2200 to $3000 for a b16 depending on year and mileage.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, but with a hasport mount kit, it comes with shit to convert the cable tranny to hydro.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
yea buy why get an engine thats 4 or 5 years older than your car. in many states thats illegal. it might not be in your's but trust me u want a hydro tranny and not the cable one.
but then again we're here to give our advice and oppinions so if you think we're right you do whatever you think its better for you and your situation. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this second gen b16a will bolt right in???, what else do i need to change??, on the first gen i know i already need to replace the injectors and shit, but what kind of axles do i need, what ECU, all of tht stuff, HAsport doesnt list it on their site for the second gen motor.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that link doesnt work

·
Registered
141 Posts
tzonni said:
so this second gen b16a will bolt right in???, what else do i need to change??, on the first gen i know i already need to replace the injectors and shit, but what kind of axles do i need, what ECU, all of tht stuff, HAsport doesnt list it on their site for the second gen motor.
First Gen b16's: (OBD0)
$1200 complete swap
$500 mount kit
$150 Chipped OBD1 ECU
$300 OBD1 Distributor
$100 OBD1 Injectors
Some other misc sh!t.

2nd Gen b16a: (OBD1)
$2,500 complete swap.
Bolt it in.
Start the car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ryan Autry said:
$2,500 complete swap.
Bolt it in.
Start the car.
what about shift linkage and shit?? axles??, anything??

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does that mean if i ordetr the B16A (2nd gen) complete changeover, i can install it with nothing else needed?? dont you have to replace SOME of the shit??(from hondamotorsonline.com)

·
Registered
141 Posts
tzonni said:
does that mean if i ordetr the B16A (2nd gen) complete changeover, i can install it with nothing else needed?? dont you have to replace SOME of the shit??(from hondamotorsonline.com)
Nope. If you order a complete swap from someone.

Engine (complete)
Tranny
ECU
Shift Linkage
Axles

It should drop right in. You might need a 94-95 GSR rear mount.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
straight, thanks thats gonna help out ALOT.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
straight

·
Registered
2 Posts
dont even do it man. your gonna waste your money and then your car is gonna blow its engine. it happened to me. go the smart route and buy a freakin nissan.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
superbeaner said:
dont even do it man. your gonna waste your money and then your car is gonna blow its engine. it happened to me. go the smart route and buy a freakin nissan.
my dad wont let me get a 240 cause they are rear wheel drive, and i cant find a good sentra SER for sale.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Ryan Autry said:

$2,500 complete swap.
Bolt it in.
Start the car.
i dont mean to flame or anything but where do u guys find deals like that? for the past year i've been wanting to do a swap on my civic but i didnt have the money. now i have 3k saved up and i though i could get something. so far the cheapest b16 i found was like over 3k. i've tried most websites that sell jdm/usdm swaps but no luck. everything seems so expensive. if you know any sites that have good deals please let me know. i would really appreciate it. thank u.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
i dont mean to flame or anything but where do u guys find deals like that? for the past year i've been wanting to do a swap on my civic but i didnt have the money. now i have 3k saved up and i though i could get something. so far the cheapest b16 i found was like over 3k. i've tried most websites that sell jdm/usdm swaps but no luck. everything seems so expensive. if you know any sites that have good deals please let me know. i would really appreciate it. thank u.
http://www.hondamotorsonline.com/

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:

???? thats about the regular pricing man....some1 offered my friend who was looking for a simliar swap to swap eevrything for the cable tranny b16 for 900$. but i i said this was cuz he was a friend but 2500 for that package is attainable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts