Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
sak said:
whats a 4agze?
The 4agze is the supercharged version of the 4ag motor used in several cars produced by toyota (and some Chevys and Geo's) The 4agze can be pulled out of a 87-89 supercharged mr2 or imported from overseas where they were used in several "corolla's" and MR2's over there. They put out about 145 hp in us trim and are very stout motors. The 4ag is also used in the Toyota Atlantic series. In full race trim they put out 240 hp normally aspirated.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I think it was a Roots... I think?

It even has a stock intercooler belive it or not! I don't know what size it was though. And it might be an older version of the eaton blowers... if it really is a Roots type.

I'll try to see if I can dig up some info on it. I know I have an article on it somewhere...

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Thanks mate.

I'm leaning towards a "whipple" lysholme screw type at the moment, but it is the most expensive out of all three. :(

I have ruled out Centrifugal, but still leaning on roots, if it's significantly cheaper than a screw.

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.