Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i got my header on and its designed differently from my 4-1 and its flex pipe is large so its kinda more flexible. Well after I put it on I heard clunking (best way i can describe it. Well i went ahead and shook my cat back a little and i guess there is a part after the cat converter where my rs*r exhaust gets fat and its clunking against the heat sheild. It scared the hell out of me when i test drove after the header install. The bracket on the header wouldn't match up to the bracket coming off the back of the engine block because its an H23 header on my F22 but i di'nt think that has anything to do with it. I'm going to see if the heat sheild can be bent out any so it doesn't hit it. Anyone else have any ideas as to how I can keep it away from the sheild? Also do any of you guys get kind of a whoosh sound when giving it throttle. It may be a leak or maybe the stainless steel headers are just thinner than like iron or normal coated steel headers so its louder. An answer, solution, or anything to my problems would be terrific haha! Thanks guys.

-Mike

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah

bend the heatshield so it doesnt touch would be the quickest and easiest solution.

apart form that check your mounting points for the whole exhaust and check to see they are all lined up properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.