Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up, new user here. Just recently bought my first honda car. Known about how fast they were for a while just never got one until now. I bought a 97 Accord Special Edition. It's AT with a F22B2. Just wanting to know some info on that engine. Just wanting to know some pros and cons of it, specs(hp, torque, etc.), Is it easy to make power cheap? And what engine swaps are fairly easy to do besides the H22A, or is it really necessary. A friend of mine suggested swapping in a V6 out of a newer Accord. Anyone heard of that before.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
please dont type in all bold. its annoying!!!

if you think a 97 accord se is fast all stock, then you must have been driving a shitbox taurus all your life. any way, no, you dont want to swap a v6 in there, your friend has no idea what he is talking about. H22 is the way to go. an engine swap is not necessary unless you think it is. use the search function-you will find most of your answers that way.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
a v6 won't fit in a 4cyl chassis. there is no such thing as cheap power. pros...great on fuel, thats about it. cons...economy engine. only engine thats going to fit is a h22, f22 and thats it. Accord SE was just an LX with a moonroof so it lacks the rear disc and abs of the ex and a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ive got the 97 Lx. Motor is all right. Put an intake and cat-back exhaust on it and youll be pleasently surprised. Not a huge gain, but its a massive improvement over stock. And my MPG went up about 2-3 :)

and btw, our transmission is soooo stupid. Doesnt know when to shift into lower gear. Its annoying going up hill flooring it and the tach is at 2000 rpm :mad

One big time pro is that our block is made of depleated uranium (not really, just heavy ass iron), which means our engine can handle boost on stock internals alot better than the H22a (the swap choice). Reports of it handling 8-10 psi with stock internals easily.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Trigg_Accord said:
What's up, new user here. Just recently bought my first honda car. Known about how fast they were for a while just never got one until now. I bought a 97 Accord Special Edition. It's AT with a F22B2. Just wanting to know some info on that engine. Just wanting to know some pros and cons of it, specs(hp, torque, etc.), Is it easy to make power cheap? And what engine swaps are fairly easy to do besides the H22A, or is it really necessary. A friend of mine suggested swapping in a V6 out of a newer Accord. Anyone heard of that before.
Pros: Good gas mileage, decent torque
Cons: Low power, not the most accepting of mods

It has i think 130hp and 140tq

You can make power as easily as any other 4 cylinder honda. Unless you boost it, you're looking at just basic breather mods. Or you can swap in a h22 as previously stated.

And, like the others said, no v6 for you.

and btw, your car is not fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First of i'll type in all bold if i want to i don't care if it annoys you. Second of all thank you to who answered my questions. Third of all FUCK YOU to you smart ass son of a bitches who had a smart ass answer to my question. Obviously this forum isn't for me.

btw I also never said that mine was fast in the first place so read better before you make a smart ass comment. On the subject of my car I did beat a new civic in a 1/4 mile, so it might suprise you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.