Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the deal. i am buying an 88 CEX HF for 700 the body isnt bad but it isnt great. my question lies here. i can get a 1990 integra rs with what i think is a b16a (correct me if im wrong). for 250 from the junkyard in my town. is this a good idea? i mean what all would i have to buy to put the b16 into the crx if i had the complete integra, besides the mount kit. what would be better to do with the b16 NA or FI i was thinking turbo or maybe even supercharging. any help/specs/past experiences/links would be great thanks. and before you flame me for not searching i did and could find any detailed things on my specific Q.

·
Registered
693 Posts
the 90 integra rs has the b18a1 in it, thats the same swap i did in my hf crx. i had to swap out the front hubs to use the integra axles, and besides buying the mount kit you have to either have the integra shift linkage shortend or buy one from www.hasport.com or www.avidracing.com. also if you buy the integra swap out the rear drums for rear disk's. to make wiring easy pick up a si crx wiring harness.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
That seems like a good idea to me, although I don't know the condition of the vehicles. The engine that's in there is rated to 130HP at the flywheel stock. You'd need motor mounts, yes, but there are other parts you could swap over. Also, you can do the rear disk conversion. Also, that engine will be OBD-0 so that won't be a problem. HF's are already MPFI, so that's not a problem. You'd just need to wire it up. Seems like a good deal if you ask me.

http://www.club civic.com/board/showthread.php?t=43353
that's a good how-to for the conversion

EDIT: Hmm, i should really read the posts above me before posting

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys thanks alot i had no idea you could swap the rear brakes thats awesome. thanks alot. anyone else with any good/detailed info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.