Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'92 CX hatch D15b7

#1-When I hook up the timing light and and it flashes...It points to the white line (0 I think), is this correct?

#2-Engine seems to lack power untill a certain RPM's (not sure where, tach not working) in 1st gear its sluggish untill about 20mph then has lots of power, 2nd about 35mph, and 3rd about 55mph. Any suggestions?

#3-Where is redline on this engine in mph's approx?

#4-How do I hook up an AutoGuage by AutoMeter tach... I have 4 wires coming from the tach, 2 are hooked up into the fuse panel under the dash, and 2 go through the firewall and are hooked to nothing. If someone has a wireing diagram or something that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Josh

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Autocadjosh said:
'92 CX hatch D15b7

#1-When I hook up the timing light and and it flashes...It points to the white line (0 I think), is this correct?

#2-Engine seems to lack power untill a certain RPM's (not sure where, tach not working) in 1st gear its sluggish untill about 20mph then has lots of power, 2nd about 35mph, and 3rd about 55mph. Any suggestions?

#3-Where is redline on this engine in mph's approx?

#4-How do I hook up an AutoGuage by AutoMeter tach... I have 4 wires coming from the tach, 2 are hooked up into the fuse panel under the dash, and 2 go through the firewall and are hooked to nothing. If someone has a wireing diagram or something that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Josh
#1 = 16degress TDC
#2 = if your timing is at 0, your too retarded, therefore you need to make sure your timing is on mark, 16degs..check your plugs/wires too might be old.
#3 = HT or ***************** might have the mph's..each tranny is different
#4 = your tach is controled by two wires on your dizzy, which i dunno you gotta find a wiring pinout of them, but thats how you hook up your tach..

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
9400rpms said:
#1 = 16degress TDC
#2 = if your timing is at 0, your too retarded, therefore you need to make sure your timing is on mark, 16degs..check your plugs/wires too might be old.
Depends on which mark he is pointing at. If it is at the line that is all by itself, or the other white line with the 2 lines on either side of it. If it is the 2nd one, then what he is seeing sounds correct.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Depends on which mark he is pointing at. If it is at the line that is all by itself, or the other white line with the 2 lines on either side of it. If it is the 2nd one, then what he is seeing sounds correct.
True. But..
He said the white line.. White line is tdc.
RED is BTDC.

if he's seeing 0 degress at the white line..he's seriously retarded...no pun intended.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Autocadjosh said:
Well, moved the dizzy b4 i left work, made a huge difference in overall powerband power. thanks 9400rpms

:clap :clap
Glad i can help, i have my cell listed on my webpage, if u need anymore help with anything lemme know :)

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Well first of all what kind of timing gun are you using? If you're using a nice digital timing gun then you will get a different reading because of the settings you can make it have versus a cheap timing gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.