Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up guys, Could'nt find an appropiate "off topic" section to post this so here it goes.

My good buddy bought a car about three months back. He has a G1 liscence which in toronto, means that you can only drive with a qualified driver beside you until you pass a road test for a G2 liscence.
Long story short, he got waaay too excited and took the car out for a spin around the block. Buddy got busted by cops and he's facing these charges in court.
Driving an unregistered car.
Driving without insurance.
Speeding - 80kmh in a 60 zone.
Driving with a G1 - Not allowed.

To make matters worse, he is an apprentice mechanic and will need his liscence to road test cars.
The question to you experts is this,
1.Do you see a definite suspension of his liscence?
2. What's his best chance of reducing his punishment and possibly keeping his liscence. Plead guilty to all charges with an explanation?
3.Because he had no prior insurance policy, if he was to insure a car in the future, will his insurance rate escalate?
4. Surpposed that his liscence is suspended for 2 years. If he moves from one province to another, (ex. NY to LA) Will the suspension still be in effect? or is the suspension only valid in the province/state in which it is enforced.

PS. Sorry for the long post guys. Had to.

·
Registered
882 Posts
well... ur buddy is well... how can i put this.... fucked. unless the judges wife brang a friend over for a great 3 some, and is in a REALLY GOOD MOOD the day of his court appearance, then ya he MAY have a chance at having it reduced. and no, moving around wont clear it. (i dont think)

btw, there is a thread for this stuff.... its called like legal something... its right around the off topic area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The law in Ontario states that he is to pay a fine of not less than $5000 for driving without insurance. If anyone has experience with such issues, what type of suspension we looking at here. 1,2,3 years?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.