Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 CR-V gets good heat from the upper passenger vent, ok heat from the upper center vents and cool air from the upper driver's side vent. The floor vents also seem to heat well. I have tried several things (heater control cable, changed thermostat, coolant level, etc), which seems to leave me with only a blend door or ductwork problem. Does this sound right?

If you have any advice on the issue, I would love to hear it :) Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I think it was designed that way, since mine does the same thing. Generally one wants all the warmth on their legs, not a whole lot blowing right in your face, and a lot on the directional vents on top of the dash. I've looked around that ducting system a few times, and it just looks like a design idea, there's some weird uneccessary ducting turns in there.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Feedback from Honda on this

Took it to the Honda dealer and they claim that Honda's engineers identified the issue as the heater core. Said that Honda has seen it before and the core must be replaced, cannot just be flushed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.