Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So this is what happened. The car started running rough so I drove it to my shop, about 5 miles away. At idle I could tell it was misfiring on one cylinder. I pulled the injector plugs off to determine which cylinder was not firing (cylinder 3). I check the injector and coil, then I pulled the plug out. The plug looked like it was hit a few times by something. The ground electrode was smashed into the center electrode.

I used a bore scope to look inside the cylinder and don't see any damage to the piston or valves. So I put a new plug in and tried to start it. It ran for a few seconds then died. I expected something like this since I had the fuel rail off. I tried again and nothing. The engine will not even attempt to crank. I put a jumper cables to it hoping it was just a battery problem and still nothing.

I pulled the intake manifold off to check the starter. I jumped a wire to the solenoid lead on the started and it cranked over. Also when I try to start it I can hear a relay behind the glove box near the ECU clicking, but I am not getting any power to the starter solenoid.

I am not sure if the plug damage is some how related to the starter. I am able to crank the engine over by hand. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not checked the compression. I am more concerned about it not cranking when I turn the key. Right now the only way to crank the engine is to jump a wire to the starter, so I am pretty sure it is something between the starter relay and the starter. I also cannot locate and fuse for the starter.

It is odd that both of these problems, sparkplug and starter, happened at the same time.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts