Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused Well first off, i cant find a b20z block so im stuck with a b20b unless anyone knows where i can get a good used one. Second which parts are going to be interchangeable with my current b16a(using this head). Third will this motor drop in my 91 hatch with my b16 motor mounts. Forth is the tranny compatible. And fifth how the hell do i do it all????? damn im stupid!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know alot about this swap i just have heard way to many different ways so i wanted to get some others peoples opinions

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i really want to know actually is if the motor will drop in with the b16 motor mounts i have?

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
yes, it will drop right in, its just like a LS block. You can also destroke it by using your B16 crankshaft and rods. Use B16 tranny and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
if you are doing crvtec it really doesnt matter if you get a b20b or b20z. the difference is the b20z has a higher c/r. but if you are putting a vtec head on it, that wont matter. any b series tranny will work with the b20 motor. as for the actual swap, it will go down just like any other Bseries swap into a 91 hatch. when you do the swap you can use the B16 valvetrain if you dont want to upgrade them. destroking the motor with b16 parts is pointless. if he wanted a 1.6 vtec he could just keep the complete b16a that he has. one of the main advantages of the crvtec project is the added tq you get from the 2.0. also if you are looking to do big hp numbers you might want to consider having the block resleeved. the b20 are known for having fragile sleeves and they are easily cracked. good luck :tu

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats alot guys any other info would be cool to. anyone know of any good shops in az to help me with this swap also?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.