Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think my manifold cracked, or it may be the gasket... but i preaty sure its cracked... how serious is that. the thing is i plan to put in at turbo this winter, and to do that i need a turbo manifold so i really dont wanna waste the money... plus i cant find one at a recker, so what?

·
Registered
162 Posts
well thats kind of odd...no one really uses there stock exhaust manifold on a turbo build up...are you going to use the stock exhaust manifold...well if you do then your going in the wrong direction...your better off getting an after-market manifold...and working your way from there...good luck!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
hawjboiz said:
well thats kind of odd...no one really uses there stock exhaust manifold on a turbo build up...are you going to use the stock exhaust manifold...well if you do then your going in the wrong direction...your better off getting an after-market manifold...and working your way from there...good luck!!!
lol i didnt think he said he was going to use the stock exhaust manifold but he coul have edited it....anyways if the noise its making now is bearable then dont buy another one if your gonna go turbo so soon anyways.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I used to have a dc ceramic 4-2-1 header....it cracked where the "y' shape takes place...go to your local muffler shop and theyll fix it for 40 bucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no no no... i know that i need a aftermarket turbo manifold, but i just wanna know if i can wait to replace it once i do my turbo. or will it f*cK something up internally?

thanks...

·
Registered
553 Posts
no it wont.

·
Registered
553 Posts
how does cold air damage the exhaust valves? and andrew does it leak?

·
Registered
114 Posts
the valves are very hot due to being in the direct flow of the exhaust. when the cold air hits the hot valve it causes it to cool to quickly and become brittle. this in turn leads to cracked valves and maybe even cracked valve seats. fix the crack or bad gasket.

·
Registered
327 Posts
cold air will not damage the exhaust valve, if it did then the cool air coming into the cylinder from the intake would cause damage to the valves, imagine how much damage would be caused if this were the case when a super cold nitrous charged air hit the cylinders. plus since air is exiting under great force from the exhaust it will not seep backwards anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.