Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else had a problem with the leather cracking on their seats? well i did...so i went to acura, told them, they said the warranty will cover it and told me that he would order new seats (note: order NEW seats). 1 month later after they never call me, i go into to have my "new seats" installed. later that day i called to check if it was ready and i hear 'its still at the upholstery shop itll be back here by 5'. i'm pissed off because i was told i was getting new seats. i get the car back and the area that was cracking is now a different fabric and its completely wrinkled and the cracks looked better. so i raise hell to the service manager, and he tells me that they cannot order new seats (note: refer to earlier). he also tells me that i was not told i would be getting new seats. he BS's about all the new cars look like this, and all i can think is 'BULLSHIT, it didnt look like that when i got the car'

well my dad (he bought the car) pretty much tells me i'm S.O.L.

so i'm pissed and now i don't enjoy the car as much...has anyone else had leather problems?

G

·
Sorry about that, that's pretty shitty.

For future maintenance, go to a leather store and get a moisturizer. Rub it into the leather according to the instructions. This will help keep the leather soft and malleable. It will also help prevent the cracks from spreading.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the put new covers on the whole seat, bottom and back, passenger and driver.

the fabric on the backs is the same and there are no wrinkles, but the ones on the bottom are a different texture and its wrinkled

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know, he made it a point to tell me that each cover cost $1500

i still find it extremely hard to believe that i can order anything from the RSX...but i can't order new seats

·
Registered
49 Posts
sorry to hear that. i bought my car used and the leather was in good condition but not pristine. So every month i use lexol leather wash and conditioner. i dont know how much this info will help you but lexol leather care is quality stuff.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Let's get this straight. You thought you would get NEW complete seat assembies-the answer is absolutely NO. That is unless there was something structurally wrong and it could not be safely repaired. You are getting NEW seat covers. Our dealer uses a trim/upholstery shop like most others. The covers clip on the frames. You have had shoddy work done if the new covers do not fit as they shuld. I also suspect they did nothing with the foam underneath when they r/r'd the material.
Why do I say this-because there is no reason for a relatively new (03-04 RSX to have cracked leather unless you did not care for it or you live in an extreme climate. The most important thing you can do for this material is keep it properly. Use the Lexol brand of cleaner and conditioners. They work. Our RSX is on the road every day and the interior looks like it just came off the showroom floor.
Get out your Digi-Cam and get shots. Call the Honda/Acura hotline and complain. The dealer will not like it, but that is your right. Get Acura to intervene in making the repairs. Trust me when I say that most dealerships do not want you to call-ever. I would go back to your dealer and ask for the salesperson and general manager to look at the car and tell them you will call if they do not make it right. Just do it in a nice way-you might be pleasantly surprised.
On a note relating-we had a problem that took 3 tries and $200 to resolve. My wife and I are allergic to certain types of airborne contaminants. Our dealer not only lent us a car while they cleaned and recharged the AC-but to do it had to take the dash out to clean the ductwork. Acura paid for it. Then we spent the $200 on an general detailing. The dealership staff make us feel like family and that is the way it should be anywhere you go.
Good luck

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, i did think i was getting new seat assemblies...because...i was TOLD i was getting new seats. they looked at them and said 'alright, we will order your new seats as soon as possible' and when i called to see if they were in they said 'yes, your new seats are in'

·
Registered
761 Posts
We never had any problems with the leather seats in our 2002 RSX-s, never treated them with leather cleaner or conditioner. Cleaned them with Clorox spray cleaner, our 85# Chocolate Lab rode on them. We had the car from July 7th 2001 until Jun of 2004, we now have a 2004 RSX-s and are treating it the same way, no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.