Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I am trying to bust off the crank pulley bolt so I can change the timming belt. Anyone know if its a right hand or left? Also any tricks to help break it loose. I am using a 1/2 impact gun but im about to go buy a 1 in if it doesnt come loose soon. :confused

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
pretty sure thats a reg. thread, if this is a honda. lefty loosey you know. All I know is you might not have enough pressure with an impact wrench to get that off, I've had to help out a couple impact wrenches before. some are just weak, But my suggestion is a breaker bar, and if you can find a steel bar to fit over that for more leverage, go for it, the more leverage the better, just don't snap anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i was trying that too, but the car jogs all over the place before i can get any real torque on it. Any suggestions on that. I put it in gear, and had someone hold the brakes but still its jogging. Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
get the honda pulley holder. it's basically a breaker bar w/ a BIG male hex w/ a hole in the center and fits inside the crank pulley female hex, then get your regular socket at the end of a normal breaker bar and turn each in opposite directions :tu

they also have universal pulley holders which use chains to hold them in place...but if you're not careful, it can leave some ugly dents in the grooves

·
Registered
801 Posts
ultra has the best idea, its a piece of cake with a moroso crank pulley wrench, i have one that and a breaker bar is all you need

1 - 6 of 6 Posts