Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I fixed my alternator and things were going smooth (minus the annoying radio noise through my speakers and the fact that I need to replace my oil pan gasket) and I noticed that lately my car will start blowing out cold air when the heat is on for a few minutes then go back to warm air. This wouldnt be the thermostat would it? I hope it's not the heater core! Maybe my coolant loop (i think that's what it's called) isn't even? Any ideas? Thanks again guys!

PS - My ex is driving me crazy!! (just had to get that off my chest :) )

·
Registered
47 Posts
As for the hot and then cold heater you might check your water level in the radiator to see if it's low.

Does your engine have a knock sensor? if you do did you use a shielded wire when you wired your Knock sensor to your ECM? It could cause the radio interferance that you may be experincing.

When we put a JDM H22A swap in my sons 92 Accord when I wired it up for the VTEC I used the wiring harness from the donor car. I found out that the wire going to the Knock Sensor is shielded. I might also add the wires going to the distributor also uses sheilded wiring if its like the 92 Accord. I believe that this is one of the reasons that they sheild these wires is to elimnate this static interferance that you are having on your radio.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
yea ide try your thermostat, and or make sure you have a good 50/50 water to radiator fluid. and make sure you bleed all the air out of your engine.

o yea and if your ex is hot wats her # lol jk :lmao

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
if you have subs and an amp in the car, your amp's power wire is too close to your rca cables. that will cuase the rpm whine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.