Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to hondas and driving my prelude i feel like it sux at braking and so i checked the brake pads and there is lots of pad left, so im wondering is it normal to have to push the pedal really hard and feel like it isnt stopping or could osmehting be wrong.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Need more info. Who did the last job, you or a brake shop? When was the last time the brake fluid was changed? What brake pads are currently being used? How many times were the rotors refaced? Do you still have OEM rotors? OEM brake lines? More info = more help.

If you don't have the answers to these questions let us know and if you're doing the work yourself, let us know. All that helps us help you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
From what your describing, there could be a few things you can check. First, I would check the vacuum line going into the booster, and make sure it isn't cracked and leaking, and that it has good pressure and a tight fit. Then I would check the brake lines. The only other thing that would do what your saying, sounds like air in your lines. You will have to bleed the lines, one at a time, via helms style, to get ALL the air out. That is really the only two things I could think of, that would cause your symptoms. Glazing, on the discs, would kinda do that, but not that severe. If all else, take the discs off, and have them resurfaced, if the problem still persists. Good Luck...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but if i had air or was leaking fluid wouldnt i lose the pedal?? it has a good string pedal, maybe im just not used to it. my old cutty i barely lay my foot on the brake and it ants to lock up.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
manalishi said:
same here. actually, every honda ive ever been in has brakes that if you accidently push in too hard or too fast you feel like you just got hit from behind. :p
That's not the feeling I get from them...
But to each his own, I guess.

·
Registered
516 Posts
2SiX said:
^^^ what are u doing here, with a vette?
hahaha owned!
lol anyways, i had the same problem when i changed my brake pads, the pedal would go to like the floor before it starts braking.. dunno if u got the same problem cuz u kinda described it weird but, just leak the brake line, or w/e the work is... i just got like a brain freeze.... drain or leak or w/e the brake lines of any air that got in there by unscrewing one of the screws by ur ummm brake caliber and letting the air out while a friend or who ever presses down on the brake and then screw it back on... dunno if this makes any sence but i gotta stop drinking...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
2SiX said:
^^^ what are u doing here, with a vette?
Bend over and I'll show ya.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its efinatly not air in the lines cuz the pedal feels good and there is plenty of hard pedal it must just be a new car to me so it dfferant and i gotta get used to it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.