Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the prelude (most honda for that matter) stock system suck or what? two of my friend , one have a 5th lude and the other have a new eclipse gt , and the gt have a much better stock sound system, why do honda in general have crappy sound system? seem like by the time they get to the sound system they ran out of money :)

· Registered
1,688 Posts
here you go again dissing preludes....:eek: thought it was over for a few days...

it does suck though...but who cares....ur not gonna use the stock one to power ur own system anyways....and if you're into racing..u don't care about a stock radio...

· Registered
2,092 Posts
if you care about audio at all, youll get a new head unit no matter what car you have. all stock head units are pathetic.

· Registered
363 Posts
Not all stock units suck.
I had an Infinity J30 and it comes with a a nice Bose system and my girl drives a Tahoe Denali and it comes with a nice Bose system as well :).
I think the lude system sucks but is not all that bad. IMO

· Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, the stock system in my 96 Accord EX pretty much sucked, especially compared to my lude's. But be warned... if you get a new system, you had better invest in some sort of anit-theft, because that's why my Accord was stolen, for the 15's in the trunk.... very heart-breaking and frustrating experience....

· Registered
3,921 Posts
The stock system in my 4th gen was actually pretty decent... I have 7 Speakers though.... hehe. Pretty much all stock systems do suck though, unless they are made by aftermarket companies. The reason that Bose and Infinity stock amplified systems sound so good, is because they are running at 6 or 8 ohms. So if you want an amp you have to replace all of the speakers and head unit also. Kinda sucks...

~Peace

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Murdah One said:
and if you're into racing..u don't care about a stock radio...
Heard that. I will take it out eventually anyway. And Burban, it is the Acoustic Feedback system you have. Bose makes the Acoustimass. I would rather Honda spend money on the engine then on the sound system. Sounds fine to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.