Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i put a jsr header and a custom exhaust on my car it idles fine then the car starts vibrating then it will go smoth again and so on an so forth and my engine also sounds like it alot louder at idle, i know before i put all of my stuff on there was a little bit of tapping but i think that, that was the injectoers now when i start my car in the moroning there is just a whole lot of taping and then when i take off sometimes you can hear it over the exhaust. wat do you guys think that this could be ? i have a 97 gsr with 136K on it ?

thanx

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
tegdude227 said:
ever since i put a jsr header and a custom exhaust on my car it idles fine then the car starts vibrating then it will go smoth again and so on an so forth and my engine also sounds like it alot louder at idle, i know before i put all of my stuff on there was a little bit of tapping but i think that, that was the injectoers now when i start my car in the moroning there is just a whole lot of taping and then when i take off sometimes you can hear it over the exhaust. wat do you guys think that this could be ? i have a 97 gsr with 136K on it ?

thanx

I have no idea about the idle. Mine does the same thing tho. It makes the steering wheel shake like a motha. I dont see why adding an exhaust whould make that happen. My friend had a 02 or so rsx-s with exhaust and he said the steering wheel shakes on his car. As for the valve tapping, get a valve adjustment before its too late. I got mine done b/c my engine tapped bad. I recently got it done and it improved some but you can still hear ticking. I doubt its really ur injectors ticking b/c they are very quiet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts