Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that is the only damge really, but my parenst said that they want me getting a 98 or better car, my mom suggests a tank. but they want me to be safe. and i dont blame them i would have been dead if i was going faster than 50. but any suggestions on a good 98 IMPORT car thats very safe?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

looks like your friend the telephone pole beat the SHIT outta you, that sucks ass man, so is the insurance company going to take the car?? if they are, rip whatever you can off it before they get there to take it and hide it all at a friends place for a month then sell it on ebay for $$...hell, even if you only make $1.00 a part, it's cash you wouldn't have had....

capn said:
any suggestions on a good 98 IMPORT car thats very safe?
how about a volvo?? safest cars on the planet :p

all japanese cars are made to just pass the safety requirements nothing else...besides, that'll happen to just about any car who tangles with a telephone pole at 50mph...geez...safe car @50mph lol now there's a thought :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
What's the story behind the accident?

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you don't want to stay with a Civic, go for an Accord. They get good safety ratings. 4Cyl - Stick would be nice.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
kcallahan said:
If you don't want to stay with a Civic, go for an Accord. They get good safety ratings. 4Cyl - Stick would be nice.
definitely ... i rear ended an 83 s10 with a reinforced steel bumper goin 20 mph in my moms 91 accord and the radiator didnt even break!

(sorry to whore my crash pic in your thread capn)

hope everything works out for you and you get a tight new ride ... just remember at least a telephone pole isnt gonna call you a week later and claim its neck hurts! Be glad you didnt hit another car!

·
Registered
372 Posts
oh god im gonna be sick...

bleeeeeeeeeeeh....

she had so much potential....

all it would have took was an H22 or B18C5

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
wapmonk said:
that sucks, sorry about your car, but a car is replaceable and at least you're ok.
exactly ;) just thank God you're alive to post about it...

ghost

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i know well hers the story, the stuff that i can remember, ok i was coming home from the theatre and i like to wiggle the back end a little and it just broke loose and i tried to correct but it just kept sliding (cant do much with bicycle tires) and it slid in the ditch flying a little smashing into the pole and landing on its side then flopping down.

but i only had liability and comp on it so no new civic for me:cry:

and the funny thing is i was about to but my b16a3 in less than a week.

but i was the only one hurt i got a concusion broken ribs my left side is bruised to hell.

and my mom and dad want me to get a 98 or better car thats safe. i was think audi s4 they look pretty stout, or a 6th gen hatch.
\
capn

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
capn said:
yeah i know well hers the story, the stuff that i can remember, ok i was coming home from the theatre and i like to wiggle the back end a little and it just broke loose and i tried to correct but it just kept sliding (cant do much with bicycle tires) and it slid in the ditch flying a little smashing into the pole and landing on its side then flopping down.

but i only had liability and comp on it so no new civic for me:cry:

and the funny thing is i was about to but my b16a3 in less than a week.

but i was the only one hurt i got a concusion broken ribs my left side is bruised to hell.

and my mom and dad want me to get a 98 or better car thats safe. i was think audi s4 they look pretty stout, or a 6th gen hatch.
\
capn
00 Si? or how about the new EP3's? Are you looking for a honda or are you considering others?

·
Retired *********
2,995 Posts
That's the 2nd green hatch I've seen wrecked this week. It's a good thing nobody was hurt in either accidents.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
capn said:
My pitty=0

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Capn:
That sucks, you were always talkin about your future plans for that bitch. I'm in your shoes though (lookin for a new ride). I've actually been thinking about audi's too. I just don't want to have to spend out the ass for parts and/or repair, nah mean?

On the other hand, a late model EX sedan can be had for less than 14 or 15 grand (fully loaded). And we all know how cheap honda parts can be. Plus by staying with honda, you're buying a car that you know your way around.

Tron:
that pic in your sig is fucking sick...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts