Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, don't look at my low posts and be like "wow, another newbie" well, i've hung around SHO for a while, i just never really posted anything. So I know how everything works :)

Anyways, here is the story, and some Pics of it......

I'm a student at Virginia Tech (Vick's School), and we're trying to get a bid from a fraternity, so we can become one. In order to do that, we have to visit several schools. And several weeks ago, we decided to attend the ECBR held at PSU, cause that will count as a visit. The Lambda Phi Epsilon party was good, but then on the way back, it started snowing. And it was SNOWING. first accident, we were goin up this moutain somewhere in west virginia, and then we got stuck. So we decided to turn back. (Remember, this was in the 92 accord) then we started turning back, but we were goin down the mountain at 15 miles per hour, my car skidded, and hit the guard rail. And somehow it hit the guardrail twice in one accident?!?!?!. The front hit first, the it bounced back, then the back rear hit again. That was the first.

Then an hour later (I wasn't sure how far cause we were going REALLY SLOW) we got stuck goin up this slope again. So we waited out in the cold for the plow truck, and they got me out.

2 hours later, we're off the mountain, driving through this country road. Then suddenly, this car pulled outta the drive way and ran me off the road, and then I got stuck in the ditch on the side. So we had to wait for help.... AGAIN.

about 30 mins after we got out of the ditch, BOTH of my tires went flat. SO I had to haul ass to the shop and get it repaired. That took forever.

5 hours later, on the road, we decided to pull into a gas station, and get some food, and then, we skidded on ice, and ran into this decorative boulder at the gas station. that killed my front bumper even more........

After that.... it went.... "WELL" we got back to school eventually.

So that was the story. I'll attach some pics at the end

So now I went and bought a 2k2 honda Accord EX v6. It's black and it's a pain in the ass to maintain. but i love it. Bought it 1 week ago, and now what? I mean, i haven't really driven it much, cause I was on vacation. It only has abou 110 miles on it. How do i break it in? What should I do????? I mean, I neverh ad a new car before. I'm so lost, is there some kind of rule i should follow? I mean what would you guys do? Not just about breakin in the car, but about how to take care of it, and baby it. ALL comments are appreciated.

Pics.....

Lambda Phi Epsilon

Party Pics (Kappa Delta phi Sorority Girls)

Alpha Sigma Delta Phi?

Overview

Getting stuck, after getting ran off the road

Stuck... u can tell the right bumper being broken up and the light.

Dead people in the car

· Registered
355 Posts
LOL...damn. I graduated from PSU in Dec 2000, and even though I'm a white guy and wasn't even in a frat I actually recognize a few of the people in those pics. It's sorta a long story on how I know some of them. :)

Anyways...congrats on the new AV6 :D

Just follow the manual. Take it real easy for the first 600 miles. No full throttle, no racing, no hard braking (unless emergency). Use 87 octane fuel (you don't need premium). Try to vary your speed and driving conditions as much as possible. Your mileage will probably suck for the first few thousand miles but after that it'll steadily get better. My mileage peaked after 10,000 miles. Most cars seem to be that way these days.

Basic upgrade recommendations: Denso Iridium IK16 plugs, and a performance intake of your choice (AEM CAI or Short Ram, Weapon R, etc...)

Good luck :)

· Registered
142 Posts
good choice on car...

can't support that bid for LphiE though...not a big fan of "asian interest" organization...just another way to attract unneeded attention and definently does NOT help asian americans in anyway....

and this is not coming from a twinkie....or ABC...

· Registered
313 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not racist in anyway, but I about fell out of my chair when I saw the Frat pics with nothing but asians.

I went to a school in the South and here there are 3 types of Frats... You got the White ones like KA, TKE, SigmaAlphaEpisilon, etc... You got the Black ones like AKA, and then you have the Mix ones which I can't remember the names of any right off, where its just all kinds of people and no one fits any particular stereotype.

That is the first Asian frat I've seen but I think its cool. :)

About your car... Try keep the rev's under 4,000 rpms during the breakin period, do not use the cruise control, stay off the freeway as much as possible, try to vary your speed if you are on a long straight away (speed up and slow down 10mph every few minutes or so), avoid hard breaking (I think for the first 300 miles), good luck and welcome the V6 Accord family! :)

· Registered
324 Posts
Why do you think your new accord is a "pain in the ass" to maintain? What exactly did you have to repair? hmm? sheit.. its one of the most easiest cars to maintain on the market guy. First, its a honda, and they are knowned to be relaible, 2, its a honda, so many many people have them and help is a block away, 3. its an accord not a civic so parts are of even higher quality. Anyways, for those of you that think its a "asain"only party, check out the thrid pic theres a white chick right in the middle haha.. and whats with the shots yo? I can't see the girls faces haha.. good luck with your car.. oh and I see you've waxed your car from your sig, I recommend you don't do it anymore cause it already came with wax when you bought it, so are the rims, try spraying it with water, it'll run right off. Break in period is about 3000km you should try not to rev past 3000rpm and don't play around with your tranny, its weak from what I'v heard.

· Registered
490 Posts
Wow, just look at all those fake-ass thugs and the flat bottomed hoes they attract. LPhiE gave me a bid my freshman year, they wanted pledges so bad they would forego the school's "no 1st term freshman allowed to pledge" rule, which had they been caught their charter would be revoked.

Asian frats are for those wannabes who think" gee i really wish i was in a gang back in high school" but they were too lame to even do that..

What sorta logo are they making with their fingers?? Is that upside-down pussy??

For those who don't know ECBr stands for East Coast Brotherhood Rally but it really is a bunch of ****-thugs standing against the wall glaring at each other or pretending to be 'boys" because they're in the same group.

as for your car the only advice I can give is don't cut corners on regular maintenance, change oil religiously every 3k miles regardless of driving charactersistics, and foolow all other schedules as well.

· Registered
53 Posts
my roommate is in LPhiE or Lambdas as they are called here at UCLA. Over here they are known to be thugs and all that other crap but the guys are pretty coo once u kick it with them a little bit. but with your car basically do what the others have said. dont skip out on maintenance check-ups and make sure to break in you car as they tell you too.

· Registered
142 Posts
mikey- you are hilarious...you have to come down to Baltimore sometime to see 'em here...almost as bad as you describe it....i have nothing against asian pride but the stereotype that they reinforce is horrible...

· Registered
77 Posts
Ahh... this brings me back (about 10months to be exact) :D

Haha... I had friends in Lambda when I was in college, but I NEVER thought of joining a frat. I totally agree with what swerve said about the stereotype. Some guys were really cool, but some weren't.

Mikey summarized it pretty well, most of them joined because they wanted to be part of something they feel they must've missed. Same idea most gangs are started. But don't get me wrong they actually did good things like running the Cammy Lee Leukemia drives every year.

Now I remember there were 2 asian frats at my school and all they did was fight, I mean they had to hire townie cops just to make sure things didn't get out of hand at their parties. Plain STUPID!

Ok sorry for going off-topic, it just brought up some memories of school :D

· Registered
67 Posts
Ditto to what Mikey said. Fratz are for people who gotta pay to get some friendz. Too bad about ur accident but at least u got a new ride. Now why dunt you grow up and do something worthwhile with your time like study 'stead of join a lame azz frat with lame azz loserz. That is why you went to college right? Im sorrie to say... but all da loserz from my HS joined Lambda...

· Registered
41 Posts
wow i didn't know there were so many asian folks in pennsylvania. lol they have lamdas at our school too (san jose state). i dunno, but i dont like the fact that u have to pay for your friends. all the frat boys that are here seem kinda like neards that wanna be bad. lol. well at least they get some of the fine asian chicks.

· Registered
9,883 Posts
break in your car like you break in any girl. nice and slow :D

the chics look ok, from the back at least. you guys think they are fine, you should go to CSULB cal state long beach CA. we are rank in the top 5, or something like that, with the hottest girls on campus. hehe :cool:

· Registered
186 Posts
Gee, I'm hurt. They had the big party down there and we weren't invited to DJ. Oh well. We used to DJ the Lambda parties at John Hopkins all the time, plus to sorority parties down at Vtech and JMU. That was a few years back though, so all our contacts have graduated.

Dunno if you went to any of the Hopkins Lambda parties...K2 Productions in da house :)

We still do most of the major Asian parties in the DC metro area, so its all good. I still remember all our road trips out the Philly to DJ the CSA and big APA month parties up there. Who's the lead DJ group in Philly now?

Mikey: ur too funny :)

I was never a Lambda, but I'm a Chi Psi, so I understand the whole brotherhood thing. Too bad a few bad apples give us all a bad name. It's unfortunate that Lambda's memberships vary so much from location to location. I guess the national organization still isn't strong enough to keep things in line. Give it a few more years, and trust me, they'll be cleaned up fast. You don't see many Chi Psi's around cuz National is extremely strict on guidelines...call it quality control. Lambda's are still in a growing periods, so...regretably, less quality control.

It's also about networking folks. Fraternities ARE a strong institution in this country. A lot of the behind the scenes work, networking, etc....have some connections w/ people who were members of Frats. That's the way it works. DId you really think that movie, The Skulls, was based entirely on fiction? Being in DC and also active in some of the politics here....I've seen what goes on behind the scenes. Trust me, that movie may have exagerated here and there...but there are a lot of truthful elements in there.

If my law firm is hiring new attorneys, I will also give a fellow Chi Psi brother extra consideration. Call it an unfair advantage or not, believe me, I'm not the only one who does this. Some folks even do it by schools. I know a law firm that ALWAYS considers Georgetown law students first in line, simply because the senior partners graduated from there. Why am I an active member in the APA community and also NAAAP-DC? Networking and professional development. yes, some Frats are just full of fools and drunkards, but not all of them. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now :)

Dizzy

· Registered
142 Posts
K2? how long ago? yeah- some are okay...but it's just the general idea that they need each other to survive....i mean if some white people in the East (China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan) started a white-interest fraternity...that would be insulting to the natives...but it's okay for us to because we're "oppressed" and should "unite" to protect our interests in America....

right.....

don't forget to do all the simple and free DIY projects to your 2002...last of the 6th gen...or 2nd gen V6..

· Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Guys, you've all brought up a very good point. The reason I wanted to start and get a lambda bid is so I can have a family everywhere I go. Though some lambda are "thugged out" most on the east coast aren't. We have visited at least 6 different school so far. And out of those 6, only 2 were as mikey described. Also, you don't really pay to get friends. The paying is secondary to what you're getting in return. Me and my friends, we have a very strong bond. For example, I know if I get stuck in the desert somewhere.... 4 o clock in the morning, i can call anyone of my bros, and they will come out to get me, witout a second thought. That's brotherhood.

ANd I agree totally, bad apples spoiles the bunch.

Chi Psi is one of the older fraternities. It has more than a 75 year history right? but Lambdas has only started in 1992, so you have to give them credit to do something so different, and get it to be nationally recognized. But lambdas are still growing. A few more years, I believe "quality control" will be much better.

Also, though some lambdas have a bad name in kali, their name in the east coast is reputable. Everyone thinks all lambdas do is drink and party. That is not true. If you actually gone out and kick wit them, you will discover they are extremely cool, and not as thuggish as you think. Don't judge by the cover. You will always be wrong ;)

Well signing out.... typed too much...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.