Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i was driving home from school with 4 other kids crammed in my hatch going 25 on a main road, and all of a sudden the guy in front of me is stopped and i slam on the brakes and ram strait into this guys amg mercades. thankfully my car wasnt that bad, just a bent radiator support, bumper and hood. his car had a couple of scratches and a slightly bent exhaust tip and he gave me a rediculous bill of 750 dollars!! he owns a body shop, one which i have applied to in the past so he said he would go easy on me, but wtf?? basically for the next couple of weeks/months im screwed for cash. i had so many plans for my car!!!
anyway, ill get pics up soon enough.
peace.

·
Registered
119 Posts
DAYUM dude. $750!?!? thats fuckin crazy especially for that little damage.
i would expect him to fix my car if i paid him that

·
Registered
909 Posts
amg mercades.

thats what it is right there. dude are you serious??? do you know how much those fucking cars cost? and because of it, how much paint is for them?? now i know because its the owner of a body shop he will charge you what he calls fair, but thats really not to bad compared to what it could have been.

and its mercedes, by the way:aww

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Exactly, even if it weren't an AMG the fact that it's a Mercedes ensures that the paint and parts are going to be expensive. The car's F'in German bro, their shit is always high priced. Plus he's going to have to at least replace one of the mufflers. Also, I bet it was more than a scratch on his bumper to if it bent your radiator, hood and bumper...at least he didn't make you do it through insurance so your rates could skyrocket for the next 3 or so years

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
err I've slide my civic under a saturn vue put a couple small scratches on the bottom of his muffler and that was it. damage done to my car? radiator, radiator core support, both headlights, both fenders, front bumper, and hood. basically I need a front clip. so yeah I could see that happening. still you should have been paying attention

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That's a German car for you. I wouldn't have expected any less. It's definitely bullshit. I'd get further quotes if I were you if its feasable.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
That's a German car for you. I wouldn't have expected any less. It's definitely bullshit. I'd get further quotes if I were you if its feasable.
I have a german car my wife just wrecked it. it held up alot better than my civic would have. +1 for german engineering

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a german car my wife just wrecked it. it held up alot better than my civic would have. +1 for german engineering
aaahhhh fuck germany:p. thats why there 120k porsche cant keep up with the new gt-r. germany ftl in my opinion. this is in no way a slander towards you btw, as im glad to hear that your wife is ok so dont get butthurt on me:hug

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
aaahhhh fuck germany:p. thats why there 120k porsche cant keep up with the new gt-r. germany ftl in my opinion. this is in no way a slander towards you btw, as im glad to hear that your wife is ok so dont get butthurt on me:hug
how many rally races did nissan win? i know when group b was still around, audi dominated. how many nissans win when the audi r10 is racing in the p1 class?? face it german engineering is something else. they even lead the jet airplane race in ww2, america was far behind in developing a jet airplane. if germany had enough time to advance the design a little more, the outcome could have been different.

japan is great in its own way, they have many other great advances in technology. but it kinda makes you wonder what the hell have we accomplished lately?

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Someone backed into my crx and put a dent about the size of a baseball in the door, got an estimate and it came to 550. I got all the money for it from the guy, and left the dent.

My point is that if you flip through a real estimate in Most small fender benders most of the cost is in labor not materials and paint

·
Registered
909 Posts
i meant we as a country. what has america accomplished lately?
weve accomplished a pointless war in iraq, were about to start another in "neo" georgia, and we've somehow managed to become dependent on gas even though we as a people know were getting bent over for it. i whole-heartedly support democracy, but you know communism does have its strong points. ~bomb~, raid, supply. a simple concept really:rolleyes

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Shouldn't have been following so closely.
give more distance due to the fact that your car was jammed packed with Mexicans.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Shouldn't have been following so closely.
give more distance due to the fact that your car was jammed packed with Mexicans.
I thought about that too; plus the fact that you smoke chronic. So you probably had a couple dudes in the cars smokin a blunt after school and weren't paying attention...whoopsy:hehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts