Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have an 2001 s2000 and i hit someone then someone hit me the airbags blew out, now the motor wont start...theres no damage to motor it looks fine the core supports not touching the motor or anything nuthing got pushed against the motor. Now people have told me the the ecu needs to be reflashed in order to start is this true or is there something else wrong with it?

· Registered
588 Posts
Mine drove "fine" after the airbags blew. Went 8 miles before my front tires shreded on the fenders.

Sounds like further electrical damage and whatnot. Or you damaged other electrical components that were critical for the engine to function.

By the sound of your post, it seems that you hit someone's rear bumper, and someone hit YOUR rear bumper or vice versa. IF in the event that someone hits your REAR bumper, some cars have a fuel kill switch that is thrown in a rear colision to prevent the flow of fuel to the motor. This in turn is suposed to help prevent a fuel fire, or the spread of a fuel fire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.