Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am goings to get Crower 62403s cam shafts and Crower Staff said that you don't need valve springs and retainer, if you keep your stock redline. Well I was wandering do you think its worth it to purchase the valve springs. I am planning to do the cams swap at home I have a torque wrench and i know whats the specify lbs of torque for each bolt. But my question is if i get valve springs and retainer...........and install them at home do I have to do a valve adjustment. This must be done professionally correct. Or can I just slap them in without worries. Is there anyone out there redline higher than stock redline point on a stock LS block. I know sooner or later your R/S will damage the pistons and rod. But how long will it last. Not taking it to pass 7k on a daily bases. Planning to redline at 7500 on stock block. If I do blow the block......what conponents are damage?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
-If you plan on goin past stock redline the valvetrain upgrade is a must...you are just making your engine more prone to valve float, coil binding,etc.

-everytime valvetrain is moved or altered the valve-lash clearance should be back to recommended specs. If you can drop cams and valvetrain adjusting the lash is pie...look over it and see if your are mechanically abled.

-You will scar the cylinder walls, crack the block, break a rod....anything bad can go wrong, dont push it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the information JAYMAN320, I won't push over stock redline then. So your saying I should do the cam shaft and valve springs and retainer professionally so they could give me a valve adjustment. I will take your advice on not pushing it. Its not worth it prolly until I get the supporting bottom end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.