1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.
My 2011 Honda Fit (manual) is now 103k miles old
The cruise control is not working.
It engages (I can see the "Cruise Control" signal on the panel, but it does not hold the speed.
I ordered a new one, installed it, but the same thing is happening.
Do you know what might be wrong?
Thanks y'all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since its manual, your clutch pedal switch and brake pedal switch either one cancels cruise. if one of those as failed or needs adjustments the cruise will not set
OK. I checked the brake and clutch pedals and the rubber grommets that activate the sensors were gone. (the brake light was always on)
I replaced them with some rubber grommets I found in my garage(not oem).
The brake lights are back to normal, but the cruise control does not work. It shows "Cruise Main" on the dashboard but it refuses to engage.
Maybe the grommet I used is not thick enough. I don't know if I could buy them separately.
Any ideas.
Thanks therealnapster.

·
Super Moderator
656 Posts
hey sounds like you are close to fixing it, i bet the grommet is not the right one , focus on you clutch pedal switch. if the plunger is not pressed in all the way you might be able to adjust it, also there is two switches one that gets pushed in when the pedal is all the way down and the other lets out when you push pedal down that's the one that disengages the cruise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it!
Ordered the OEM grommets (brake and clutch).
Replaced them and...Voila!, The CC engages like new.( Well, it is actually new, I purchased a new switch thinking that the problem was there in the first place).
Thanks partner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts