Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2019 and wanted to upgrade the oil to a top synthetic. I always go with Royal Purple or Amsoil.
Unfortunately I forgot to order the filter and my appointment is soon and do not want to reschedule because the next available is next month.

I bought this for my 2.4L CR-V
www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/honda-2019-cr-v-2.4l-k24w9

the recommendation for that oil is either the Amsoil or Wix filter. I could not find a wix filter locally. Does it really matter if I go with some generic filter from any auto store? Or whatever my mechanic has in stock? Just could not find compatibility with certain synthetics and the oil filter with a search online, maybe someone can chime in, thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If its a matter of just waiting for the order to arrive. Purolator Gold, mobil one filters(of course) are made for synthetic engine oils. The difference between one brand or another might just be filtration capabilities.

Idk in your area but ace hardware store here locally sells Amsoil. Check them out, or just do a search online for local amsoil dealers and see if your filter is available or special order it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts