Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say this topic has come up alot, in other forms besides this one. But im buyin a 93 hatch an i wanted to do a motor swap that not alot of ppl around here do, most ppl just do ls swaps or si swaps but i wanted something with alittle more hp. An i know both crvtec an lsvtec motors are good once you get them set up an running good. But which motor would be better for racing as in reliable, more horsepower etc etc... Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can get the money for either motor, but im just tryin to find out which one will be puttin out the most moeny fixed and running, i know that both blocks arent made for very high rev'in, soo yea

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
2highpsi said:
i can get the money for either motor, but im just tryin to find out which one will be puttin out the most moeny fixed and running, i know that both blocks arent made for very high rev'in, soo yea
the one with more displacement will make more power. if you say you have the money, sleeve the ls block and bore it out. it'll be much stronger than a straight b20 block. and build from there. also, do you want to run it boosted or NA?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i like the torque of the b20 out of the box, plus the b20z (jdm b20-b/z? cant remember right now) has higher h/p out of the box as well, ~140 hp, 133 trq

but a stock b20 can be boosted to hell resulting in "WEEEEEEEEEE..." etc., etc,

·
Registered
219 Posts
DONT GO LSVTEC! WHy? Because you mention that you want a reliable motor. Imo no oil squiters and a bad r/s ratio dont equal reliability especially since vtec motor make most of their power at top end. I also wanted to go ls vtec but with some research Ive decided otherwise. Heres what I found
http://www.h s t u n e r s .com/news/wmview.php?ArtID=33 but if this is not an option than I would say crvtec, as the one that I drove was stock except for the 75 shot of n20 skunk2 manifold and boltons ran a 12.3. Just retype the link with out the spaces, for some reason it keeps getting blanked out when I preview post. Hopes this helps

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
towcivic said:
DONT GO LSVTEC! WHy? Because you mention that you want a reliable motor. Imo no oil squiters and a bad r/s ratio dont equal reliability especially since vtec motor make most of their power at top end. I also wanted to go ls vtec but with some research Ive decided otherwise. Heres what I found
http://www.h s t u n e r s .com/news/wmview.php?ArtID=33 but if this is not an option than I would say crvtec, as the one that I drove was stock except for the 75 shot of n20 skunk2 manifold and boltons ran a 12.3. Just retype the link with out the spaces, for some reason it keeps getting blanked out when I preview post. Hopes this helps
with a properly balanced and built bottom and top end, an lsvtec can see 8-9k no problem.

·
Registered
219 Posts
blue printed, built whatever still lays the fact that the piston will draw uncessary force on the cylinder walls due to the r/s ratio. None of what you mentioned changes the r/s ratio, but being built does help. I dont see nothing wrong with other people doin it, I just wont. True theres a decent amount of power to made with either cr/ls/vtec but I still believe reliabilty is an issue, just might take longer in a built motor for things to go wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.