Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you've heard this over and over again but i searched and couldn't find what i wanted Here it is
Budget:2000 for know
Car-1991 CRX dx
Plan-Build for turbo
Daily Driver
Drag Racer on weekends
Hp-250 fwhp at high boost
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So anything before 94 is obd0 but it is b18a correct. And OBD1 is much better anyway because of uberdata. What exactley do i need to convert-Just a 0bd0-obd1 jumper harness and what else. thanks for the help

·
Registered
252 Posts
njn63 said:
yeah, get a 94-95 motor to convert to obd1. I can't remember the ecu at the moment, whatever is stock for a LS teg. Then run uberdata when you go boosted.
i heard uberdata has a few bugs like cel light and a few others, i know that sonicetronic uses chrome and he has had no trouble out of it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well Uberdata is based on P72 code and since i am running A P30/28 based board it doesnt work very well. So i just use crome. But uber is great if you have a P72 code based computer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
info

rex_racer728 said:
I know you've heard this over and over again but i searched and couldn't find what i wanted Here it is
Budget:2000 for know
Car-1991 CRX dx
Plan-Build for turbo
Daily Driver
Drag Racer on weekends
Hp-250 fwhp at high boost
Thanks for the help
If u got a 200$ budget get a B16A first gen and save up for a rev hard turbo kit which you will have to email them for prices but u can get 120hp and 285ft/lbs added on, if u use the stock injectors u can run about 7psi of boost good luck wioth your swap :D

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Somebody steer me in the right direction, but I've always had the impression to assume that non-vtec motors are better for boost.

If thats the case, and with your budget, shoot for a b18b defintelly. If you want to go Vtec later and you have more money saved up you can do the monsterious LS/Vtec swap. ... Why is it never called GS/Vtec?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts