Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Retired *********
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations, You are the one, the only CR-X of the month. Your rex is sooo nice that you scared away all the other competition. :) :ninja

If you want tell us some of the car's history. How you got started...mods list...specs. ect...ect. This thread is all about you. :number1

·
Registered
622 Posts
Whehe, Jippie I won I won....

To bad nobody signed in for the contest tho... it's not that difficult to win if your the only contender... :(

Well little story bout my crx then...

I bought it completely stock 5 years ago from a little garage that imported crx's from germany to holland....

After a year a torn timingbelt ruined the original d16z5, so i swapped a d16a9 (which i found out afterwards) cost me way to much money, and died after another year with a huge oil consumption problem...

So much for D Series for me... i'd completely had it... :D

I bought a jdm b16a engine from a guy that does autocross with a honda engined buggy, he knows all about honda engines and stuff, so that sounded like a good deal to me...

Last year i parked my car at the shoppingcentre to talk to a mate when some stupid old senile backed his car straigt into mine, wrecked the front fender and front side of the door a little bit...

Since a friend of mine works at a bodyshop (Spunky at this forum), I didn't worry to much about the damage...

I bought a new front fender for like €30 and we completely ripped off the old guys insurance for €2700...

The bodyshop made me a deal repainting the whole car, inside and outside, enginebay and welding in new parts where needed cause of rust, removing antenna, rear wiper and stuff, removed exhausthole from rear bumper and more of them little things, for only 2300 euro's... and damn they did a good job!! :eek

So i got a completely restored car, totally repainted and all, and another 400 euro's extra.... thank you old man... :clap :clap

Nothing more to say actually... still running the b16 with all fun it comes with...

Slowed down on the modifications tho, since i'm trying to save some money for a house...

I made a list of nearly all modifications for an english message board recently, (some of the mods annoy since my vision of tuning cars changed in the last 5 years but i can't really be bothered changing them... )

Engine
JDM B16a DOHC VTEC
GAP enginemounts
Integra Type R pressureplate
SpoonSports HT leads
SpoonSports sparkplugs
JanSpeed chromecoated 421 header
TCC catreplacement
JanSpeed j-spec end muffler
2.5" straight midpipe
9500rpm ecu remap chip
Crx vtec radiator
Fuel pressure gauge
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Hoodlifts
Imola orange valvecover
Lightened crankshaft pully
Lightened flywheel (4.2kg)
S2000 radiatorcap
Tenzo R CAI
Tenzo R oilcap

Suspension
APEX Racing ajustables (+2cm, -10cm)
crx vtec front suspension conversion
GAP LowerRear strutbar
Replaces all bushings
Tenzo R LowerRear Strutbar
Tenzo R UpperFront Strutbar

Brakes
Agip Dot 5.1 brakefluid
Front: 282mm Powerstop drilled discs (redrill 4x100 from 4x114)
Front: Ferodo ds2500 pads
Front: Integra typeR calipers
Goodridge braided hoses
Rear: Ferodo pads
Rear: Powerstop drilled discs

Wheels
7x17" Lenso VPD rims with 195-40-17 Pirelli zero nero's
15" oem 5th gen vti rims with 195-50-15 Toyo SnowProx's

Exterior
Completly painted in 2000 Honda NSX imola orange
"Madlook" hood
Shaved antenna
Shaved doorlocks
Shaved H logo
Shaved rear washerjet
Shaved rear wiper
Shaved side indicators
Ajusted rear bumper to exhaust
JCP Alu wing (one of those things i'd like to get rid off)
Laguna frontlip
Single wiper conversion
Sirius foglights
Tinted windows
Xenon HID conversion

Interior
Autometer Air/fuel ratio gauge
Autometer Oil Press. gauge
Autometer Oil Temp. gauge
Sparco Evo2 seats
Sparco 4-point seatbelts
Sparco shoulderpads
Crx vtec (ee8) gauge cluster (250kmph and 9500rpm)
MOMO Champion steeringwheel
Optima yellowtop relocated in trunk
Powerwindows
TCC Alu gearknob
TCC Alu handbrakeknob
TCC Alu pedals
TCC shortshifter
Various interior parts painted silver
Vtec switch light

ICE
JBL T595 decade speakers in rear
JBL tweeters
Phoenix Gold 4 channel amp
Pioneer 12" enclused sub
Pioneer 13cm speakers
Pioneer 16cm speakers
Sony cdx mp80 headunit
Homemade parcel shelf

Alarm
Class 3 full options alarm

That's about it really.... don't know if there will be anymore contest of the month... but i think i'll just sign up again whenever that happens.... :D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
very nice indeed.... I have studied your car and am copying a bunch of stuff from it for my current project:):)

.....I have to PM you soon and talk brakes!!

-John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats one CLEAN crx!... great job man.....I definately agree with you on removing the wing..... but the thing that interests me is that cargo cover or parcel shelf as you said.....what went into making that? veryy unique!! looks oem!

·
Registered
622 Posts
jadkar said:
very nice indeed.... I have studied your car and am copying a bunch of stuff from it for my current project:):)

.....I have to PM you soon and talk brakes!!

-John

Lucky you I allready made a DIY for that a while ago, only problem you may find is getting the SiR (ef8, ef9 ee8, ee9) knuckles...

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210561

If you got anymore questions just drop em in there so we can share it with all the others...

Thanks for the replies all....

Only thing that kept me from removing the wing is that I still think it helps the car from oversteer imho... i nearly went 180° on a 80mph curve twice without the wing, and since the wing is mounted it just doesnt oversteer at all... but i think i'll just try it without the wing some day, and hope it was just the tires that caused the oversteer... :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
I really like the "mean" look...... hahahahha.. thought you had those eye brow things on there but guess not... nice and clean.... congrats... later Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
seriously i would put picks of my car up here.....but now that ed9b16a1 has posted his car.......my car is CRAP compared to his..
the only mods i have of my car is just.......car stereo, painted interior dash trims, and a intake filter. maybe if i get some hot chick to pose with my car, i would win, but other than that my car would be a joke........but i'll send pics to the moderator soon enough though. (still havent got done the painting of the interior)

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's all about how far you wanna go... there's thousands of cars out there looking way better then mine...

I'm quite satisfied with it right now... can't even think of mod's other then spending a shitload of money on the engine... :D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You know I'm searching all over the place trying to figure out what I going to do for paint schemes. I was looking at your car I noticed something strange......Are your headlights and tie bar riveted in place???? If so, aren't you concerned you'll have to remove them at some point.

Might just be that I can't see the bolt heads.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Whehe, no... i didn't rivet them... they're sort of allen bolts...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
ed9b16a1 said:
Whehe, no... i didn't rivet them... they're sort of allen bolts...
Very cool, I have to replace all my hardware and I like the allen bolts :):) It's all about attention to deatil...awesome job :number1 :number1

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got them from the Renault dealer, nice flat goldy looking bolts... :D

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
congradulations! :number1

Ive loved your car ever sine the DIY writeup on the hood.

You already know where I stand on the subject....*looks at your sig*... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats Winfreak,

You know I really like your car and I know that you love the CRX and try to keep it in perfect shape. A lot of work done that nobody notice, only the "liebhabers".

And I really like your sig... Maybe you can help me out with making one of my car....... :hug

·
Registered
199 Posts
congrats man. very nice and clean ride. love the interior dash and overall interior. well put toghether, bro :clap

1 - 20 of 37 Posts