Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found that there was a problem with ECU, I have a 1990 CRX SI, now if I was to switch it out with a working one, would it have to be from a 1990 CRX SI that is stick as well or does it not matter?

Also, I was looking into getting some integra (94-95) wheels which are 15x6 and I believe the OEM crx wheels are 14x5. I should be able to swap it right, just get some smaller tires if it rubs, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
For the ecu any 88-91 civic si or crx si will work. I think all the civic si's were 5spd's anyways, I know for a fact if it comes out of a crx si its a 5spd. The wheels will bolt up to your car, and a 195/50-15 tire will give you the same overall tire height as your stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
yeah another ecu should work fine. from the same obd. and they did make auto Si. mine is one. but its a 93.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I found a ECU out of a Civic SI 89', code is PM5...now according to multiple sites, the ECU should be code PM6 for an 88-91 Civic/CRX SOHC SI...now I'm assuming this wont work with it (I don't have the part yet).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.