Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is the problem i bought an 88 crx si with no engine and no engine harness, i got another si harness thinking they would be the same but it seems 88 is different from 89-91 right off the bat the clip near the resistor box on the 88 is alot smaller and alot different as the 89 and up have a big round clip , similar to the one on the passenger side....

is there a way to convert the 89- engine harness to work with my 88 ? i tried to find the wiring diagrams i need but i got nothing.....

· Registered
44 Posts
I totally know what you mean. The 88s for some reason are funky. I also have an 88 DX hatch that for some reason, the splines on the tranny where different than all the others. I just used my factory harness on my 88 crx si when i dropped in the z6. The intake is different than all the others too! What happened in 88?! :nuts

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Cody McCall said:
I totally know what you mean. The 88s for some reason are funky. I also have an 88 DX hatch that for some reason, the splines on the tranny where different than all the others. I just used my factory harness on my 88 crx si when i dropped in the z6. The intake is different than all the others too! What happened in 88?! :nuts
Actually the 88 is the closest model to the CRX Si and SiR in Japan.

89 and up models underwent a bunch of little mods that made the car better and worse....but 88 is the model to get if you want the best CRX's here in the states.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.